Go!

11 years 6 days ago #44389 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Go!
What crumb bums there are out there. I mean stealing someone's iPad while they are sick. Bums!!! Glad you got them. More importantly you are doing better and can move forward with the chemo! If you recall Jim went through a 2 week stop due to bloodwork and his body simply trying to figure out what the heck whe was doing to it NOW!! Once he got back into sync it was full speed ahead and never look back. wishing you the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 days ago #44386 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Go!
Glad your fever was sorted, and no delay for treatment. What low-lifes there are in this world to target people in hospital - well at least they didn·t get away with it this time.
Diane

11 years 6 days ago - 11 years 6 days ago #44382 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Go!
Gotta love technology... especially when it tracks down the bad guys. So happy you got the iPad back. Those things become our lifelines!

That remote lockdown is a very cool feature isn't it? Those two won't think "lockdown" is so cool from a jail cell though! Way to think quick on your feet (or ER bed)!

Very happy to hear your fever reset back to normal and all is calm again. Leave it to you to make even chemo an exciting adventure and riveting tale!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

11 years 6 days ago #44380 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Go!
Eventful times! Last evening my fever went up so I had to call my oncologist. He told me to go to the local hospital to get blood work. Chemo, as most of you likely know, messes your immune system and a little thing can get out of control in a hurry. While there, my wife set her iPad down and someone took off if with it. We figured out it was missing fairly quickly and she did a search and then called the police. The police came into my ER room to discuss it and I had used the 'Find my iPhone" app to find the house of the people who took it. They were about ten miles from us. Showed them a satellite photo even! We gave the officer the login for find my iPhone so he could use it when he got closer. The police went right o the house and recovered it and have the woman a summons to court. Her husband was online on his laptop trying to figure out how to get past remote lock password I put on it once we knew someone stole it.

Oh yeah....my blood work was fine and my fever went down and we were able to go for my regular chemo today.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 1 week ago #44373 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Go!
Mike, It sounds like things are moving along and if chemo was easy "everybody would be doing it"! I am sorry it's been hard the past few days but it will get better for sure. And, think of the good it is doing to attack the "nasties". We want all of them gone and out of Mike! Just offered the thorazine in case of hiccups getting worse. It seems to happen in every so many folks on I think it's the cisplatin...Jim was among those chosen few! ;)

Sorry to read that you are having pain but vicodan is always helpful for that. Take whatever they offer you for nauseau as it will oftne not get better on it's own and if it gets ahead of you, like pain, it is harder to get back under control. Keep on drinking lots of fluids and stay well, friend. Will check back in the next day or so. Know that I keep you in prayer and have added you to our "super duper prayer chain" for success and ease in this part of the journey. So wish you weren't having to do this! Carla

11 years 1 week ago #44372 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Go!
Good luck today Jean! My next chemo is tomorrow. Just the Gemcitibine.
Enjoy the ride! My ride is an hour and some east getting closer and closer to the Rocky Mountains.

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne