Lymph node positive

12 years 4 months ago #40261 by Lynda
Replied by Lynda on topic Lymph node positive
HI Tom -

I was Dx'd in May 2010 with BC and had my RC in June 2010. All my post op tests came back as clear and the nodes (27) they took were all clear. I thought I was all set, but found out that I had MEts to the lung in MAy 2011. (No I didn't know I was supposed to be monitored every 3 months). BUT I am receiving chemo now and the tumors are responding. It's almost harder to get thru the 2nd dx than the first. I've had the best support at home and at treatment, I'm so lucky, but the reality is that no one knows what's going to happen. Talk to your Dr. about your concern about the node. They are your best source of info and don't let them put you off! "Everything's fine!!!... is not enough - you need more info to understand and find a good place to be with all that's happened to you.

Jmemas note on suppliments is a good one to also run by your doc. Mine did suggest a multi, vit D, calcium..., but be sure to get good sources for vitamins.

Also, get an idea of what your dr. is planning for future testing and at what timeframe. This may help you to feel not so abandoned. Again, they are the dr. you are the patient, but that doesn't mean that the medical pros are the final say in all areas. If your Dr. won't work with you or you feel unattended to, it's time to find a better dr.

Keep us in the loop, we are here for you!

Lynda

Lynda

3 years UTIs
Indiana Pouch - July 2010
Pulmonary Met. - May 2011
Chemo started June 2011

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #40260 by Jmema
Replied by Jmema on topic Lymph node positive
I am and always have been a big believer in Vitamins, supplements and herbs and took them for many years. They made me stop when I started my chemo because they said they would interfere.
I would talk to someone knowledeable before you do it but I would be taking astragalas for my immune system, Vit. A, Vit.E & C.
I wouldn't worry too much about an encapsulated lymph node. Being anxious won't change what is or what will be so just live every day to it's fullest.
Blessings....Jean

12 years 4 months ago #40259 by Tom
Replied by Tom on topic Lymph node positive
Thank you Sara. I'm sure there are others out there I'd just like to hear from them and maybe connect. Thanks for changing the posting.

12 years 4 months ago #40258 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Lymph node positive
Tom, your post was moved to the "metatastic" category because more people who might have advice for you would see it here.

So sorry to hear of your recent bladder cancer journey. Of course it would have been much better if there had been NO lymph node involvement. However, one node, and encapsulated at that, is about as good as it gets at this stage.

While I am no expert in this area, I know of people who have gone on to have no more cancer with much more initial spread.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

12 years 4 months ago #40256 by Tom
Lymph node positive was created by Tom
Good morning,
I could sure use some advise. Was diagnosed with invasive bladder cancer in may of 2011 and started chemo prior to my RC. Was suppose to have 4 rounds of cis/gem but had to stop after 3 due to hypotension. My blood pressure would drop quickly and I fell several times the last time breaking my ankle. Was then scheduled for surgery with a neobladder in august. I had 32 lymph nodes removed and one was positive on the pelvis. It appeared to be incapsulated. I'm getting along ok post surgery with only the expected complications but have this deep nagging feeling that I'm not going to make it due to the one lymph node. I've asked for feedback on other sites to hear from others in my situation but haven't heard from anyone which makes me even more nervous. Guess I shouldn't have asked the question.

I'm not able to take more chemo and the docs say I just have to go on with checkups.

Is there anyone out there who has lived with positive nodes and doing ok. I would sure like to hear from you.

Thanks very much.
Tom

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne