New to forum

12 years 5 months ago #40202 by lindy0428
New to forum was created by lindy0428
I have been reading stories on this website for quite sometime now and finally feel up to telling my story. My dad was diagnosed with bladder canver 3/10.He underwent partial cystectomy and no other treatment. Urologist thought that was enough. We thought things were going great until September 24 of this year. My dad was having vomiting and abdoninal pain. To make a long story short, after a ct/pet scan, he was diagnosed with a mass on the outside of his bladder with some enlarged regional lymph nodes. He also has very small area of cancer in L1 vertebrae and in the pelvic bone. He has been undergoing chemo (cistplatin and gemzar). so far NO side effects! He feels well and has not lost any weight. His oncologist says this is very treatable, but not curable. I am a registered nurse and I know what the future most likely holds for my dad. I'm trying to stay positive. I know that there are new treatments comming out all the time. Anyway, I just wanted to tell my dad's story get thoughts from some of you who have dealt with this awful disease.

Thanks for listening!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne