New to forum

12 years 2 months ago #40849 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic New to forum
Lindy, I sorry your father (and you) had to join the club. Remember you are not alone in this if you ever need to talk, or ask questions, please do so. I agree that you should be mad at the cancer, not the doc. This is a very sneaky, underhanded, dirty rotten, disease. My prayers go with you and your family.

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #40845 by quinlanm
Replied by quinlanm on topic New to forum
My husband also has bladder cancer that has spread to the pelvic bone. He has been on MVAC for 6th months. He will be changing to a different chemo this coming month. I say, if you are going to get angry, get angry at cancer. So many peoople get it. You can't blame the docs. They do their best, it just happens to be a sneaky b*****d that can move without being noticed. Put one foot in front of the other. He can go elsewhere for treatment, but he can't go back in the past. I pray for a cure with a lot of other people. It'll happen.
Im glad you shared.....

12 years 4 months ago #40274 by lindy0428
Replied by lindy0428 on topic New to forum
Thanks for your input. The doctor decided to do a partial because his tumor was at the very top of his bladder and no where else. He also stated it was not real aggressive?? What makes me mad is the fact that not one CT scan was done during the last year and a half (until he became ill in September). I've tried not to look back, but it is hard. My dad is such a positve and loving person. It tears my heart out to see him go through all this. It helps having this forum to share my feelings. Thanks again.

12 years 4 months ago #40217 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic New to forum
Diesel... There are so many variables in making a diagnosis and subsequent treatment decisions that it would be inappropriate for me to speculate whether more could or should have been done.

Lindy... I hope your Dad has had a good week.

Catherine

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

12 years 4 months ago #40216 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic New to forum
I am so sorry for you and your dad. I would be seeking some legal help to see what can be done about the uro that thought that was enough, clearly he didn't know what he was doing.
He should have had some type of chemo and frequent check ups. Am I right or wrong Cathrine?

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

12 years 4 months ago #40213 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic New to forum
Hello Lindy... I'm happy you decided to share your father's story. I'm so sorry that he has mets from his bladder cancer. I hope his treatments bring him some positive results and can slow the progression.

If you don't mind sharing, I am curious as to how they decided to do a partial cystectomy. It is generally only applicable to patients within very strict guidelines for certain types of tumors and is not often done. I am asking because he is the only other person I have come across on this forum (aside from myself) that has had this particular procedure. Or if you prefer to keep that private, I understand.

I had mine in Feb. 2010 and so far my followups have been clear but it is a frequent worry that mets may show up. I suppose that is a worry we all share because regardless of the type, a recurrence or mets remains a haunting possibility.

Again... I hope your Dad continues to do well with his chemo and the side effects stay away. I know it is very difficult for you as well to see him going through this. Best wishes to both of you... Catherine

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne