just got back from chemo

12 years 8 months ago #38507 by muaji
Replied by muaji on topic just got back from chemo
Hi Dana, you and your husband are in my prayers. I have just finished taking six months of chemo, and the last one wiped me out! All through the treatments, I forced myself to go bike riding and working out at home, which helped me out a lot. I had three blood transfusions because of the chemo destroying my red blood cells, causing me to become anemic. I pray that the cancer in those areas will not increase, and that the doctors will be able to do something to shrink or even destroy those cancer cells.
God bless,

William Jones

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #38431 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic just got back from chemo
Dana; believe me, numbers mean nothing at this point!!! Been there, done that, still here! Enjoy every moment you can, and remember you need to also take care of yourself.
Wishing you both the very best.
Duke

12 years 8 months ago #38430 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic just got back from chemo
Dana,

Thinking positive thoughts and beaming them your way.
Hoping all goes as well as it can with the chemo and that things get brought under control (and the cancer eliminated).

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 8 months ago #38420 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic just got back from chemo
Dana,
make sure they keep him well hydrated and don't wait to take the anti-nausea meds until he actually gets the nausea.
Stats are just that....they take into account all the bad uro's out there also...your doctor has a 50/50 chance of getting hit by a bus tomorrow.......so forget them.
I will join George to lobby on the hill for you.
pat

12 years 8 months ago #38416 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic just got back from chemo
Dana

You have Many, MANY, MANY, Many More Prayers coming your way!
God's ears are ringing with the roar of hope and faith.

I am sure we cannot know of his plans for you both, but we can surely put in some lobbying on your behalf.

Please keep us in your thoughts. We are going through this with you.

with love
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

12 years 8 months ago #38415 by Dana
just got back from chemo was created by Dana
I haven't been on the site for a few days. My husband and I just returned today after having chemotherapy yesterday.
He seems to be doing O.K for now, he was a little red in the face at lunchtime and feels a little sick at the moment but that's about it.
The doctor said everyone reacts differently to chemo so we will see. He is also having these injections everyday for the next 5 days, something about producing more white blood cells.
The doctor said we have a 50/50 chance, he has a lot of lymph nodes in various areas near his pelvis with cancer cells, nothing is large though but it doesn't look too good. The doctor is more concerned about the number, so all we can do now is hope, it is pretty much in god's hands.
I could have asked a lot of questions and statistics, (5year chances and so on) as the doctor was quite willing to explain everything to me but I didn't, I just don't want to know details, it makes me worry even more.
I know the doctor is doing the best he can, I trust him and all I can do now is hope. I refuse to give up.
I want to thank everyone who has helped me through this with advice, their prayers and everything else.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne