early 60\'s diagnosed w/stage 4 bladder cancer

13 years 1 week ago #37365 by alanna1
Hi Katie-I've been having trouble logging onto this site for some reason. My husband, Norm, had his second chemo treatment today. He says he is feeling better and not as weak as last week's chemo. He will be off next week. Our children have been so good taking my husband to his treatments till I get my kneecap completely healed up. I've been making some homemade mac and cheese, homemade vanilla pudding which is good for him and so yummy.Also some peach jello with some home-canned peaches in it. We have fruit every morning over oatmeal-applesauce, bluberries or just a bowl of mixed fruit.Anyone else make some good protein meals? Take care everyone from here on the farm! Alanna1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #37235 by KLS
Alanna - I don't know how you did it. How did you do it? Wow. I am totally in awe. How is your husband doing now?

Best,
Katie

13 years 2 weeks ago #37234 by KLS
Hi George;

Yes, this site is absolutely amazing! The level of support and kindness is wonderful.

May I ask about your bladder cancer story?

Wishing you good health,
Katie

13 years 2 weeks ago #37232 by GKLINE
Always amazes me about this site... Someone asks.... and a flood of new and caring people come out of the woodwork and bare their souls to help.

Alanna and Norm, You are in good company here. We all have been through "some" stage of bc. But, we are a group of SURVIVORS. We intend on living and you and Norm are going to be a part of us.

Ask anything! absolutly ANYTHING! Nothing is out of bounds!

Thanks for signing on.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

13 years 2 weeks ago #37230 by alanna1
Hi Pat & Everyone from here on the farm! Thanks's for responding to my message. My husband, Norm, was first diganosed 4 weeks before our daughter's wedding in 2009. That was a wild month between taking my hubby for chemo everday and all the wedding prep. I baked over 150 dozen of cookies for the wedding and was supposed to do the wedding cake for 300 plus guests,but my daughter talked me into having someone baking the 4 tier cake and I decorated it with hundreds of sugar coated pansies, violets, and wild purple flowers. I couldn't believe that my husband could walk our daughter down the aisle without a walker or cane and 4 weeks before that he could hardly stand up. Thanks to all of the prayers from all of our family & friends and all of the great staff at Hillman Cancer Center he is doing so much better. Take care and I'll be praying for all of you with cancer! Alanna

13 years 2 weeks ago #37224 by KLS
Hi Pat;

Thank you so much for your kind response. I am so sorry about everything you and your husband are going through. I sure do admire your fighting spirit; I think it's incredible.

I will check in with my friend's dad and see where he's at regarding connecting. Thank you for your generosity and kindness. Support is key.

I did meet a wonderful woman here. Please consider connecting with her, too: jimswife

More in a bit. thank you. thank you. thank you.

Healing good wishes,
Katie

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne