side effects

13 years 6 months ago #33832 by nicolamobile
Replied by nicolamobile on topic side effects
Thank you for the information dad has managed to have his last treatment last week he's hoping for break he is waiting for his next scan. At the moment he's doing ok just apart from a little back pain which I hope will go away in a few days, I really hope that he can have a little break from treatment and manage to do a few things that he used to do before his treatment. Thanks again for everyones help nic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #33507 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic side effects
nicola..make sure he keeps well hydrated.
Has the doctor given him anything for the hypocalcemea or the hypokalemia or low white counts? If you want to read more on that...this for low calcium
www.chemocare.com/managing/hypocalcemia-low-calcium.asp
and this one for low potassium
www.chemocare.com/managing/hypokalemia-low-potassium.asp
Boy..what your body goes through for a cure huh? Good luck to Dad.
pat

13 years 7 months ago #33506 by nicolamobile
Replied by nicolamobile on topic side effects
thankyou for the information pat my dad is 65, the side effects have gone and he has his next treatment next week!!! wonder what this one will bring!

13 years 7 months ago #33418 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic side effects
so sorry nicola..how old is dad?..Loose stools and cramping a definate side effect of carboplatin
www.drugs.com/sfx/carboplatin-side-effects.html
Here's an article from Chemocare on chemo
www.chemocare.com/managing/low_blood_counts.asp
I hope the doctor responds to his symptoms and gives him the appropriate therapy.
pat

13 years 7 months ago #33413 by nicolamobile
side effects was created by nicolamobile
hello everyone , dads nearly at end of treatment just one more round to go he swaped cisplatin for carboplatin thinking it wouldnt be as harsh on him, but hes still had side effects and seems to be missing second dose because of low blood count,any way i was wondering if any ones had a high white blood count of 35 and low calcium and low potassium.he has had stomach cramps and loose stools i am hoping the above is due to this!!!hes got an appointment to see docs on monday. I was hoping for any advice please thanks in advance.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne