Chemo

13 years 8 months ago #33396 by Rhea
Replied by Rhea on topic Chemo
Pat, thanks, he is out and about. I hope this new chemo wont be too oppressive. As school is coming up and my hubby helps a lot with taking our son to school in the am. But whatever happens we will have to deal with as it comes. Somehow things seems to fall into place, however I do my share of worrying.
Pat, I hope you are well.
Rhea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #33384 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Chemo
Rhea,
i don't think your doctor would be insulted. They are used to second opinions and really a phone call to Dr. Bajorin's office might just clear it up. Certainly the satelite offices have access to all the newest trials as the main center.
They must be doing something right as he is 2 yrs out. I just hope his quality of life isn't too compromisied?
Yep..it sucks.
pat

13 years 8 months ago #33376 by Rhea
Replied by Rhea on topic Chemo
Thank you Pat, he has not had much success. There was 2 cm decrease on the last gemzar, but 3 months later it has increased by 2cm. All have been chemos and one month of a trial everolimus. I have heard of Dr. Bajorin and was thinking about going to him to just double check everything, but would not want to insult his current doctor.
I just feel so helpless and that we just put our lives in the doctors hands. And feel that they really dont know what to do. It's a matter of trial and error.
One good thing it has been a slow progression of disease. I am worried for later if/when the cancer gets out of control.
This sucks!!!

13 years 8 months ago #33372 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Chemo
Its my understanding they do. The service also has an administrator who oversees ... satellite clinics outside Manhattan..... Correspondence to: Gary Deng, Memorial Sloan–. Kettering Cancer Center, New York, ...
dengg{at}mskcc.org
his email address
Dr. Dean Bajorin is the head of oncology at MSK and you might call his number to confirm this or to even request a second opinion.
www.mskcc.org/prg/prg/bios/90.cfm
How is your husband doing on these regimens? Are they trials? It would be helpful for other patients who have lung mets to know his protocol.
I wish him the best...way too young for all this.
Pat

13 years 8 months ago #33370 by Rhea
Chemo was created by Rhea
My hubby is 45 and has M/BC in the lungs. His largest tumor is about 4cm. And he has several smaller tumors splattered on both sides. He has been on numerous chemo for the past 2 years. We now are about to change to a new chemo. We use a doc at Sloan but in RVC Long Island NY. Is chemotherapy the common treatment used? Plus should we go to a doc in the city to get a second opinion? or do all Sloan docs work together? thanks, Rhea

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne