husband w/invasive TCC w/ prostate involved

5 years 8 months ago #55548 by DianaPB
Replied by DianaPB on topic husband w/invasive TCC w/ prostate involved
Hello Pat,

Do you by chance know good Medical Oncologist specializing in Urology At USC?

You have recommended many good Urologic Surgeons in the post and it is very helpful!

Diana

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #33828 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic husband w/invasive TCC w/ prostate involved
we are hoping that is possible. We all know that once the lympyhs are involved things are never as good as they are without them. But, it is what it is and we will move forward in a positive way. The best part is that at least the surgery went extremely well. As I had mentioned we felt very confident with the surgeons involved and happily we were right in our decision there. Thank you again for your input it is appreciated. Stage IV cancer in any part is never good but again we are hopeful. Jim's entire attitude is totally positive. That counts for a lot.

13 years 6 months ago #33826 by mmc
Jimswife,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that surgery went well. Since spread to the prostate is one of the definitions of T4, I'm guessing that part wasn't much surprise for the both of you but the lymph node involvement is never good to hear about.

Hopefully, the chemo can do its job and get that knocked out!

All the best!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 6 months ago #33823 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic husband w/invasive TCC w/ prostate involved
Just a quick post to let you know my husband did have his RC/prostatectomy/lymph dissection and he is now staged at T4, N3, MO at this point. So, we are dealing with stage 4 bc. It is something else to realize this. But, on the upside, his surgeons did an awesome job. He is now 3.5 wks post op, up and about, doing well with his urostomy etc. His main incision looks great and we will see the chemo doctor this Thursday. So, I am in hopes we can keep this monster at bay. I do thank you for all your awesome insight and input. Thank you for caring so much about those of us new to all of this.

13 years 7 months ago #33378 by Alan
Pat,

You have won my "Miss Bladder Popularity Contest". LMAO @ myself-I almost typed Lucille Ball's Veta Vita Vegamin regimen word when she got plastered in the skit and said are you "are you unpupular".

Gotta keep our sense of humor when battling the "C" even if this is serious.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #33377 by New Diag 7
Replied by New Diag 7 on topic husband w/invasive TCC w/ prostate involved
Miss Patricia...You are elected into our Hall of Fame as Well!!!

If not for you and your incredible knowledge...my husband would have been treated "completely" different than we are now. If not for you, and the excellent recomendation for second opinions and to Dr. Bochner and MSK, my husband would be getting chemo right now and would be staged at a higher stage than he is now.

YOU and YOUR Bladder Police Patrol get the 5 STAR acknowledgement in our neck of the Florida swamp.

We are very thankful for your Bladder Patrol Brigade.
You help to SAVE LIVES!!!!!!!! What more can anyone ask????

Cheryl

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne