my dad

13 years 9 months ago #32899 by Moglie
Replied by Moglie on topic my dad
Hi Nicola
Mum is doing ok thanks. FInally finished the cisplatin/gemcitabine, which as you know, is tough. She had a couple of treatments put back by a week, due to her blood count being too low, but she has got through it. She will now have a repeat cystoscopy end of the month to see what will happen next. Her scans also showed shrinkage of the tumour, so whilst this chemo is hard, it does work.
Great news the chemo is working for your dad, especially with those nodes shrinking. You are right, it gives you a real boast to have news like that.
Wishing you all lots of luck for good results with the chemo and continued shrinkage!
Moglie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #32890 by nicolamobile
Replied by nicolamobile on topic my dad
hi moglie hows your mum? dads having a really rough time with chemo, he could never get his last one in cause his bloods were not right, each time its a little harder for him so they knocked the dose down a bit but still he missed the last one, any way had scan half way through and the nodes are shrinking quite a bit which has perked him up a bit, they are considering changing cisplatin to carbplatin i think this is to reduce his side effects.fingers crossed!!!!

13 years 9 months ago #32829 by Moglie
Hi Nicola, how is everything, how's your dad doing?

13 years 11 months ago #31992 by nicolamobile
Replied by nicolamobile on topic my dad
hi moglie, i am near manchester dads having a bad time today retching and hiccuping pretty miserable time of it to,my mums being a star helping dad ,i just wish i could wave a wand and everything return back to normal,so yes i am going to stay strong because i wont be any help to mum and dad if not.i hope your mum starts to feel better soon my thoughts are with you,Nicola x

13 years 11 months ago #31952 by Moglie
hi Nicola
I'm also in the UK (near Bournemouth). My mum was diagnosed with TCC G3 T2 N1 M0 in February, due to the one suspicious lymph node she also started the same chemo as your dad a couple of months ago, in fact she is due one more cisplatin and one more gemcitibane, then has a month off before going to the Royal Marsden for radiotherapy.
I know how scary it is to go from hoping it is superficial to be faced with the worse case scenario. There are no promises here, people with superficial cancer can lose their battle and people with very bad prognosis can survive and of course vise-versa.
How is your dad doing on chemo - my poor mum has had a miserable time and has been very poorly.
Be strong Nicola!
Moglie
x

13 years 11 months ago #31949 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic my dad
Nicola,
Sorry to be so late on responding, and very sorry your dad and
family are having such a hard time. One thing your dad has that is very important is his families love and support. I have not had neither of the chemo's you mention, but have had a lot of chemo. No one ever knows what the out come is going to be, all we can do is put up the best fight we can with the best Doctors we can get. I have always said it's hardest on the loved ones who feel helpless, so you and your family will need to be strong. I read often a sign my daughter made me that said "GET TOUGH...BE TOUGH...STAY TOUGH". Chemo can make you question just how tough you are.
Wishing all of you the best!
Duke

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne