Metastatic BC - Advice Needed

14 years 1 month ago #30838 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Metastatic BC - Advice Needed
Since he's already had the cisplatin he cannot have it again..the carboplatin is a bit more tolerable....And the Avastin has had some great success with lung tumors and they are now trying it on other cancers as well including bowel
www.countrydoctor.co.uk/education/Education%20-%20Advanced%20bowel%20cancer.htm
Its an up to date choice. There are not any true second line treatments to date for metastatic bladder cancer...so this is certainly worth a try.
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #30835 by VMan
Replied by VMan on topic Metastatic BC - Advice Needed
No this is not a clinical trial. I have seen some Cisplatin + Taxol combos. Is there much difference between Cisplatin and Carboplatin ?

I posted this in a different forum as well and someone there is on a Cisplatin + Taxol+ ifosfomide combo.

See here:
www.inspire.com/groups/bladder-cancer-advocacy-network/discussion/chemo-advice/

14 years 1 month ago #30824 by Patricia
Vman..only seen that combo in non resectable small cell lung cancer. Do you know if this is a clinical trial or not?
Avastin pretty new.
pat

14 years 1 month ago #30821 by VMan
Replied by VMan on topic Metastatic BC - Advice Needed
Thanks Patricia.

The docs are recommending Carboplatin + Taxol + Avastin.

Anybody know anything about this combo?

14 years 1 month ago #30728 by Patricia
Vman...they're sure its metastatic and not another primary right? In Singapore here is a top oncologist and you can email her.
www.emedihub.com/profile.php?pid=390
Dr. Lim has been the Consultant Medical Oncologist in charge of patients with all types of cancer. In conjunction with National Cancer Centre and Johns Hopkins Singapore, Dr. Lim had provided the Medical Oncology service at TTSH, which consistently ranks as one of the busiest hospitals in Singapore
Hope this gives you a starting point.
pat

14 years 1 month ago #30723 by VMan
Metastatic BC - Advice Needed was created by VMan
Hi. I have been a long time reader here ever since my father was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer. First time contributor to the forum though.

My father had RC in 03/09, and 2 cycles of GC neo-adjuvant chemotherapy prior to that. A few weeks back we discovered that there is a small mesenteric mass in the small bowel of intestine which turned out to be cancerous (based on FNA biopsy).

His doctors are now saying that he needs chemo. Unfortunately, his doctors are in Singapore (where he is based) and they are not sure of what Chemo agent to use. Since he has had 2 cycles of GC as neo-adjuvant therapy, anybody know what chemo agents they would prescribe for someone who has had GC before?

Also I am not sure just how ineffective the GC was during the neoadjuvant phase since the physician stopped it at 2 cycles vs 3 cycles.

Any thoughts or anyone with similar experiences?

I live here in the US, but it is so hard to talk to experts here unless the patient is present. Still trying to see if someone will talk to me.

Thanks in advance, especially to all who have shared their journeys here.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne