5th treatment

14 years 1 month ago #30485 by Rhea
Replied by Rhea on topic 5th treatment
Thanks Pat, at least that's a start, I didnt know there were palces that specialize in lung mets. I will look into it.
thanks, Rhea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #30480 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic 5th treatment
I'm pretty sure the satellite branches have the same access to clinical trials that the Main MSK has. They may or may not have some of the high tech stereotactic radiation machines but i don't know that. The larger cancer centers share their technology. Only difference might be in what clinical trials they have access to. But it doesn't hurt to ask. You might check out MD Anderson or even Fox Chase....It depends on the type and location of the tumor and if it is confined to one area. Here's a page from FoxChase...
www.fccc.edu/cancer/types/lung/metastases.html
Wish i could be more help Rhea.......Pat

14 years 1 month ago #30469 by Rhea
5th treatment was created by Rhea
My hubby is 45 yrs old and has MBC in the lungs. He has been under chemo since 2008. He is now on his 5th treament and none of the others have helped him. Our current doctor from MSK in a satellite office on long island said that his treatment would be to keep trying different chemotherapies. When this all started in 2008 we went to 4 different doctors to get opinions. At this point is it wise to seek other opinions now? Is chemo the normal route of treatment? Do the doctors at MSK in manhattan know more than the satelitte office or do they all work together? sorry so many questions. Any guidance would be appreciated,
thank you, Rhea

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne