Help! Feeling Lost

14 years 4 months ago #28840 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic Help! Feeling Lost
Hi, Stacker

Please email me, you have my email address.
There are treatments and clinical trials at PMH in Toronto.
I can get you a 2nd opinion with Dr. Jewett who is on our medical advisory board at cbcan. He is a Urologist/Oncologist and is one of the top in Canada.
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #28839 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Help! Feeling Lost
Stacker, You ask treatment for metastatic Bladder Cancer and there isn't much except chemo. I have read that M D Anderson in Houston is recommending dose dense MVAC (methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin) for Stage 4 and some people have reported shrinkage.
I don't know if there is an equivalent cancer hospital in Canada. A couple of the members here have started a forum for Canadians and they might know where the goto place is for Canada in terms of metastasis. They are at www.cbcan.org
Please keep posting here and let us know how you are doing. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

14 years 4 months ago #28833 by stacker
Help! Feeling Lost was created by stacker
Hi Everyone

just feeling lost dealing with the mets in lungs and lymph nodes, and possilbly in liver (next ct scan next week will tell more). been on a trial chemo drug Abraxane since July with only slight shrinkage early on. if liver does have lesions the oncologist is talking about another clinical trail chemo drug to try.
just wondering if anyone has heard about any successful treatments for metastatic bladder cancer. i'am only 43yrs old and am getting alittle depressed reading all the unsuccessful stories of metastatic bladder cancer.
i guess i'am just hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel sometime soon!

thxs
stacker

Dx Nov 07
Turbt Nov 07
RC/Neo-Bladder Dec 07
T3 N1 bladder carcinoma
Feb 08 4 cycles chemo Gemzar&Cisplatinum
May 09 Dx Lymph node enlargement
June 09 10 cycles Radiation
July 09 Mets in Lungs & Lymph node
July 09 started chemo Abraxane (every 3 wks)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne