A post for Linda

14 years 8 months ago #27120 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic A post for Linda
Linda,

Where there is life, there is hope. You obviously haven't given up or you wouldn't be here at the forum. You have warrior spirit, and as Bill said, God is right there by your side...you have only to ask Him to provide the grace and strength you need to continue to see you through this ordeal. And we here on the forum, are more than willing to offer what support, encourgement and comfort we can. And ones like Pat and Cynthia can give you links to trials, etc. that may be helpful.

Please tell us more about your situation. Where do you live? What was your stage/grade? How long did you do chemo and what kind? MVAC? How many doctors have you seen? It's so critical to get several opinions and from the very best physicians you can find. Were they they very experienced in the field of bladder cancer? It's usually the major medical centers that seem to really know how to manage BC...and even then, I, as well as plenty of other gals, have had to wait in rooms filled primarily with males over 50 dealing with prostrate issues. :huh:

Anyway, we are here for you. You are still young and that is an advantage. Try to focus on whatever positives you have going for you. As bleak as it may seem, there are always positives.

Are family and friends there for you? It's tough for caregivers to always know how best to help us warriors. We have a "caregivers" section that you might refer them to and which might be helpful to them as well.

You might want to visit my website...you will find it at the bottom of my signature at far left bottom. I will be praying your journey finds you gaining positive momentum and peace of mind. Sending you big hugs,

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #27098 by DoninRichmond
Replied by DoninRichmond on topic A post for Linda
:kiss: Prayers coming to you from VA.

"Remember, when you think He is the farthest from you, that's when He is the closest. You may feel He has turned His back on you, but He is there awaiting your call in Prayer, Give Him a call!".

Bill Jr
Tumor removed 5/4/09
\"T1 high-grade\"
Started \"BCG\" 5/21/09
Have a 2-yr treatment schedule

14 years 8 months ago #27073 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic A post for Linda
Linda, I'd be happy to chat anytime, or you can join us on Sunday (those of us who remember.....:huh:

Tell us a little about you and your diagnosis.

Stephany in Iowa

14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #27069 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic A post for Linda
Well thats just a bummer Linda....did you have a cystectomy and reconstruction? There's lots of trials out there.
clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00589017
Thats one....where are you located Linda?
The home page here has a link to current trials around the country from the NCI.
www.bladdercancersupport.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=18&Itemid=66
Pat

14 years 8 months ago #27064 by Cynthia
A post for Linda was created by Cynthia
Linda posted this in the blog area and I wanted to put it here so it would get the attention it deserves.

2 years ago I was first diagnost with this awful desease. Went through Chemo. that almost killed me. Now it's back, I was told there is nothing they can do now. I am a 53 year old female. Just looking for any helpful advice,or just a chat. Thank you for this site!

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne