Alternative Cancer Treatment in Mexico

14 years 8 months ago #26763 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Alternative Cancer Treatment in Mexico
Molecular biology of dissemination in bladder ...
Department of Urology, Heinrich-Heine-Universitit, Moorenstrasse 5, D-40225 Dttssseldorf, Germany. Summary. ..... To metastasize, cancer cells must be released in the blood .... hematopoietic stem cells to protect these cells from ... tial target for gene therapy has been reported by Roberts and Hasan [51].
now if i can just find Roberts and Hasan.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #26754 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Alternative Cancer Treatment in Mexico
Doug,

I did some research and am sure found what you did. I do know that some of the centers in Mexico have been profiled and there does not seem to be research to back up their clams. There are without a doubt many who try to sell hope as their only real product. They are in Mexico because they do not have to worry about US regulation that would shut them down here.

I have heard more about the cancer treatment done in Germany many of the US notables in recent years have tried them some claims of success. But again there is little to back them up as far as research.

The old maxim of nothing ventured nothing gained has to be part of where you are coming from and it is understandable. I am sure that you are trying to do due diligence to obtain the best shot. Please let us know what you decide and keep us updated as you are breaking new ground and we will be interested in your journey.

Below are four links that may be of interest to you the third was a forum that was posting about the Oasis of Hope and the next is a site called Quack Watch.

You are in my thoughts

From the American Cancer Society

Questionable Cancer Practices in Mexico

www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_5_3x_Questionable_Practices_In_Tijuana.asp?sitearea=ETO

From the American Cancer Society

Non Traditional Pharmacological and Biological Treatment

www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/ETO_5_2_4.asp?sitearea=ETO

The Cancer Forum 2007

www.cancerforums.net/about5545.html

Quack Watch

www.quackwatch.com/00AboutQuackwatch/altseek.html

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

14 years 8 months ago #26753 by SandyMc
Replied by SandyMc on topic Alternative Cancer Treatment in Mexico
I should say up front that I have no information on alternative treatments, Doug, so will be of no help to you. But I just could not leave your post out there with no response at all. I know everyone here is very sad about your current status and I wish you only the best in continuing to search for the treatment that is right for you. Should you decide to try this treatment, I hope you will come back and let us know your results.

Take good care!
Sandy

14 years 8 months ago #26725 by Blnmakerr
Alternative Cancer Treatment in Mexico was created by Blnmakerr
Since I was diagnosed with metastatic bladder cancer last month I have looked into alternative treatments, mainly in Mexico.

Has anyone had any experiences with The Oasis of Hope Hospital in Mexico? I have discussed my case with their Dr. Carlos Guittieriz and he seems to think they can add as many as five years to my life (I'm now looking at a year or less). Cost for their treatment is $20,000....

I also have contact the New Hope Medical Center in Scottdale, AZ. They do unbilical stem cell therapy in Mexico. Cost is $40,000 for three weeks treatment in AZ followed by three days in Mexico for stem cell therapy.

I realize I am "reaching" but when you are stage IV, that's all there is.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Doug
Blnmakerr

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne