Not sure what is going on with me

15 years 2 months ago #23723 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Not sure what is going on with me
Sorry, Pat....I wasn't clear in my thinking. What I meant was, I hope she got a heavier dose than was prescribed for me. I wouldn't want to mess with your doc's recommendations, Holly!

Stephany in Iowa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #23720 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Not sure what is going on with me
Holly don't go with a heavier dose especially since you're on oxycontin...just use the minimum and see how you do. Dosage is also related to weight. If the doc has ok'd 0.5mg just go with that for now.
Pat

15 years 3 months ago #23717 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic Not sure what is going on with me
Hope you have a better night tonight Holly.

Anne

15 years 3 months ago #23716 by Stephany
Okay, Holly, this is in NO way like what you're going through, but I do remember that after my son starting sleeping through the night at 2 1/2 years old, that all of a sudden, I "woke up" and wondered what had been going on. It was that insidious and pervasive.

We'll be here, waiting to hear how it goes. Ativan didn't do a thing for me when I used it for flying, so I hope you got a heavier dose.

Stephany in Iowa

15 years 3 months ago #23712 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Not sure what is going on with me
Hi :)

The dr is an internist at the major facility....My insurance is pathetic so I have been seeing the gp I had for 15 years but he is not in the plan. My portion of out of network maxes around $8,000 so I really try to use the network. In July I will have medicare and have more options I hope.

As far as how sleep deprived I am...I have been telling drs all along what this is like - and all they have told me is that the diversion is what it is and I will adjust. At night I wake up on my own - no alarms ever. Cathing and having a bag would let me sleep becuz no urge to go. But I would need a sleeping pill to ignore the need to get up if I used a pull up. (And yes, Julie, I do prefer the pull ups as well).It just seems weird that it appears to have taken almost 2 years to fatigue me like this !! So far I have made no changes but tonite I may get out my pull ups and take an ativan to see if it helps.

With all that is going on I just hope they figure out some stuff soon. The zofran has made a huge difference - I ate a fold over chicken sandwhich today! Seriously, sometimes I wonder if the new normal is just as elusive as the old normal. I try to be reasonable in my expectations, and I also try very hard to not be a pain in my drs ass, but somewhere a balance must exist where I function better than this.

Thank you all for sharing and caring - it really helps me know I am not crazy. LOL God Bless, Holly

15 years 3 months ago #23710 by Stephany
No kidding, Holly...sleep deprivation would explain a LOT! Did you decide to cath and bag for a couple of nights? Let us know if that makes a difference. Between the diflucan and the cath and the other stuff it sounds like he knows how to make a plan. How did you find him?

Stephany in Iowa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne