Devastated as my cancer spreads to bones..........

15 years 2 months ago #23469 by ladyjd
Maria,

I hope that the radiation will help you and that all questions will be answered to your satisfaction. From other posters, it would appear that radiation may be helpful. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Judy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #23451 by Melodie
Dear Maria,

The insurace company and the medical establishment has put you through so much and now this...I am so sad to read the latest development. Yet I am hopeful the radiation will be of benefit to you. I have a friend who has been fight ovarian cancer for maybe 4 years now...she recently started radiation and her body has tolerated it very well...her condition is showing improvement. I can only hope and pray that you too will be so blessed.

You have been a real warrior over the last 18 months. I was glad to see by your notes that you haven't given up the fight. The doctors so routinely go about discharging orders and seeing patients, all too often without considering that what for them is routine, is not routine for us, and they need to slow down to answer our questions and offer some reassurance. I hope your doctors are doing that for you. You have been in my daily prayers....I will have to pray harder. Sending you positive thoughts. Hugs, Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

15 years 2 months ago #23403 by lisaloo
Hi Maria
I am so sorry you are going through this.Its great though that you are getting treatment so quickly.Radiation has really helped me to function again I only had a weeks worth of treatment and it was easy to cope with as the dosage isnt high.
It is really hard to cope with the change in status but at least the radiation therapy should enable you to do it without pain.Good luck and please feel free to get in touch if I can help at all
Lisa xxx

15 years 2 months ago #23399 by Clara
Please do ask ALL the questions you want to...it is your right to know.

Radiation seemed to help Bob more than anything else.

Good Luck and know that we are all behind you and want you to keep us posted.

Prayers are with you and your family.
Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

15 years 2 months ago #23396 by todays4me
Maria, I am new here and I am so sorry to hear that you are going through so muchs but remember you are not alone as long as you have everyone here. I am sending you a vertual smile to let you know we are here to support you. We understand exactly how you are feeling. It's ok to be angry, sad or what ever else you feel like being. All those jumbled up emotions are perfetly normal for all you are going through. I'm on the emotional roller coaster called cancer as well and have felt those same feelings. I pray you have an easy time during your treatment and that you are succesful managing your pain. Mary:)

15 years 2 months ago #23394 by Cynthia
Maria,

This is a place you can always come and cry, kick the walls, rant and laugh. We are here for you and care deeply. So post away if it helps and know we are listening and though we can not understand unless we have walked in your shoes we will do the best we can and it comes from our hearts.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne