Puzzled

15 years 3 months ago #22774 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Puzzled
Julie...you are on my mind constantly!!! I wasn't sure if I should respond or not, I think this time is so unique and personal...please enjoy every minute...even when he frustrates you...you will wish for that frustration I promise you that...

It may be time to choose only the pills necessary. If the act of giving him the pills is so hard on, him swallowing etc...and it will get to that point...it may be worth it to see if any of them come in liquid form...or stop all together...if you are worried about fluids...he can have an IV...I know it is only saline, but its something...Angelo had a Sub Q morphine pump...it was a God spend for pain relief. Angelo's feet were warm until the day before he died...and then throughout the day/night/following morning everything slowly got cold from the feet up. I wish I could give you a hug... :(

I'm here if you need me,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #22772 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Puzzled
sorry....It's called "gone from my sight: the dying experience" by Barbara Karnes. And it's really good.

15 years 3 months ago #22771 by Stephany
do you have a fax?

15 years 3 months ago #22769 by Stephany
Do you want a copy? Maybe I can find it on-line.

Stephany in Iowa

15 years 3 months ago #22768 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Puzzled
She doesn't say much. She really hasn't seen it but the Social Worker was here yesterday when it was evident. We speculate what may be causing it. I think it is the combination of anemia and COPD as well as the tumor that cause him not to get sufficient oxygen. This morning he was great tonight it is back to being really slowed down. I tried to be patient and let him drink his Boost and take his pills. He did take the pain pills but the rest I finally had to put in his mouth. I don't have a book about the month and weeks signs about the end of life. So I don't know how it correlates. What i do know is that his feet and hands are still warm and that his lungs sound better this week than they did last week.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 3 months ago #22750 by Stephany
Julie, what does the hospice nurse say about the confusion? And has hospice given you the booklet about the months and weeks signs about end of life? If so, how does this correlate?

Stephany in Iowa (thinking a lot about you tonight)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne