Puzzled

15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #22820 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic Puzzled
Julie--

I just tried to reply to your e-mail reply to me, but it bounced back from the on-site e-mail. I'll try again later, but just wanted to let you know you and Dick are in my thoughts. Loved your description of the two of you walking/dancing!

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #22804 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Puzzled
This was another good day. Dick was awake for most of the day and evening. He spent most of it watching TV. This evening he even ate some real food. After reading the list of ingredients on the bottle of Boost I am going to do more smoothies for him to drink as it will be real food and not a bunch of supplements.
He was so funny this morning. He said he was going to start an exercise program. I said OK what exercise do you think you could do. He said walking. Then he walked from the chair to the bed holding on to me the whole time. I usually refer to it as dancing as we are holding hands or I'm holding his torso. We practice turns so he can back up to the bed before sitting down. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 4 months ago #22802 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Puzzled
(((((( hugs )))))) Julie, hope you are ok, thinking of you .
Take care
Maria xx

15 years 4 months ago #22787 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic Puzzled
Take care of yourself Julie. You are always in my thoughts.

Love Anne

15 years 4 months ago #22786 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Puzzled
I'm waiting now for the liquid Tylenol to take effect. Dick sleep most of the day. He was awake at 9 this morning and awake until about noon. He was fine about the pills, and accepted a nebulizer treatment but kept thinking he had done his inhalers when he hadn't. He drank a bottle of Boost and a small piece of banana nut bread then slept until about 6. He drank quite a bit of water and another bottle of Boost then went back to sleep. He woke up just after 11 and was running a fever and really confused again. I gave him water from the medicine cups and some liquid Tylenol. Still have some more to do for the evening routine.

I checked with the Hospice nurse and she is bringing out the book tomorrow that you talked about Stephanie. I have a fax but I don't know how to take incoming faxes. It is part of our printer. Also the nurse is working on getting meds in liquid form. We have gone over and over the medications and there is nothing I can leave out until he can't take pills.

I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow and this doctor runs late. I have to keep this appointment but I sure hope the Dr. isn't two hours late. I think i will let the staff know that I can't wait that long.

Thanks for writing Karen I think of you often.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 4 months ago #22780 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Puzzled
Karen, you said everything I wanted to say, but didn't know how. Thanks. And Julie, you're on my mind all day.

Stephany in Iowa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne