Maybe we\'re on to something

15 years 7 months ago #20718 by danpeters
Replied by danpeters on topic Maybe we\'re on to something
Leigh,

As I said in my last post there seems to be no relief from this disease. While my scans were promising, and that's what I try to stay focused on, my persistent low grade fever and now leg pain best desribed as "shin splints" haven't allowed my to feel too good about my progress. Maybe next week when I return to the doctor I'll get back on track. I'll do my best to keep you and everyone posted.

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #20695 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Maybe we\'re on to something
Dear Dan,

I am very inspired by your journey so far and wish you all the best with the Zactima treatment you are having.

Pease do keep us updated...

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

15 years 7 months ago #20407 by danpeters
Dr. Benson's protege, James McKiernan was my surgeon. He was wonderful, the best bedside manner I've had from a doctor and I've had more than a few.

Good luck to you and your family.

Dan

15 years 7 months ago #20404 by Mel09
Replied by Mel09 on topic Maybe we\'re on to something
I am also in NJ. We were going to meet with a surgeon there named Dr. Mitchell Benson...but that was before we knew about the spread to the bones. My father is now receiving chemo by where we live in central Jersey.

15 years 7 months ago #20400 by danpeters
Melissa,

I'm in NJ and being treated at New York Prebyterian-Columibia University Medical Center. There are hospitals nationwide associated with the study, which is led by Dana-Farber in Boston.

Dan

15 years 7 months ago #20392 by Mel09
Replied by Mel09 on topic Maybe we\'re on to something
Dan,

Thank you for your post! I have been hoping to hear even the smallest bit of good news lately! I am glad that your scans came back as they did. My father is currently being treated with Gem/Cisp. His next scan is next month and we are all praying it is positive. It is so difficult to go through chemo and the chance that is doesn't always work is devastating.

Again, thank you for sharing your story!! I have also looked into your clinical trial. Where are you located?

xoxo
Melissa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne