Feeling Sad...

15 years 8 months ago #19080 by mrscarpediem
Replied by mrscarpediem on topic Feeling Sad...
Oh honey...:( Having just gotten married last September, I understand.

My dad has very severe arthritis and I was worried about missing the same moment. In the end? I was honest with him and he was honest with me. We kept it to a short song and he ducked out of the reception for a small break of about 30 minutes before the dance so he could relax a bit.

Get creative! Make a Plan A, B and C -- so you have a special moment with your dad no matter what happens!!!

Thoughts are with you...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #19076 by Mel09
Feeling Sad... was created by Mel09
I went to a friend's wedding this weekend and as she danced with her father I got very emotional. I am getting married this November and I am so worried that my father will not be able to attend. I went back and forth about whether or not to postpone, but the fact of the matter is that I do not know what the future will bring and I would rather have the wedding sooner than later. This is a very difficult time and I am doing my best to be happy about my wedding but, with everything going on at the moment, my father is my number one priority. Trying to balance all of these emotions is really wearing on me.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Melissa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne