Upcoming conference

17 years 3 months ago #3001 by Paulette
Replied by Paulette on topic Upcoming conference
Hello Everyone

My brother had surgery the Friday before Christmas.  The surgeon was not able to get the bladder out.  It was too fixed in the pelvis between the cancer and adhesions from the prior operation.  He did try for two and a half hours but with no luck.  Apparently he did some more biopsies and we will know the results when my brother has a follow up appointment.  He did well and now has a small bikini cut instead of the huge midline incision they made the first time.  He was able to get up and walk around with the epidural in place and went home on Christmas eve.  

The next step will probably be some radiation, intermittent chemo and scans.

Greg how did your surgery go?  Let us know.

Happy New Year to all of you
Paulette

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #1881 by Paulette
Oh Greg,
The state of health care access, affordability and adequacy is horrendous here, too. At this time of year when we're getting ready to vote the issues that need real national discussion are not being heard. Instead the current administration and congress are making cuts in programs that affect people least able to pick up the financial burden or fight back.

I thought Tiny Blur was on his way out. I remember course in school that did a comparative study of different health care systems and Germany was by far above the US, Japan and England.

I hope all goes well with your surgery. It sounds like it has been a long road for you made more stressful for the delay.

My brother is funny when he found out his case was to be presented his first thought was that he never considered himself all that interesting. Little did he know.

My prayers are with you.
Paulette

17 years 4 months ago #1867 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Upcoming conference
Hi,

can't you just see it - you've just bought tickets for a Stones Concert - you thought and when you pitch up its a bunch of Urologists having a Stones Conference to pontificate on Kidney & Bladder Stones :(

That'll teach you to read the small print ;D

Well in your case Paulette it may not be as much fun as a Stones Concert but you can dine out endlessly on having a brother with a famous bladder :-[ Yea I know - you'd far rather not!

I hope all goes well with his treatment - I'm in on Monday for a TURBT & TURP so let us hope, despite the ridiculous delay from August until now due to crass missmanagement of the British NHS by the clown Tiny Blur and his sexually dysfunctional clique of zealots called a Government!

In Germany an old girlfriend of mine [40 years ago!!! & still friends] also has BC and she gets 3 or 4 flexis a year but if she is concerned between visits for 15 EUro she can have an extra flexi.

IF they find she needs a TURBT she is in within 10 days! Our unfortunate membership of the EU is costing us £1.8Million an hour - now I know what they spend it on! Other Nations' Health Services! >:(

17 years 4 months ago #1855 by Paulette
Jeanette
It never ocurred to me to do that until this morning.  I called the office and the nurse practitioner was very helpful.  It turns out it is a Grand Rounds case presentation to the surgical urologic oncologists!!! How exciting is that.
Thank you for your response and I will keep you all informed.  He is a real fighter and had hoped for a surgical option.
Paulette

17 years 4 months ago #1850 by Jeannette
Replied by Jeannette on topic Upcoming conference
Hi Paulette,
Did you try asking the doctor where the conference was going to be held? I can't imagine why they wouldn't share that information with you.. good luck to your brother and please keep us updated

17 years 4 months ago #1848 by Paulette
Upcoming conference was created by Paulette
Hi
My brother was diagnosed with locally advanced Stage IV bladder cancer in May. Since then the chemo has arrested and held at bay the tumor after two rounds of chemo. His case is being presented at a conference in the next few days but I can't seem to find out where!! Is anyone aware of how to find this out or does anyone know of the conference?
Paulette

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne