Welcoming any advice

15 years 8 months ago #18755 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Welcoming any advice
Great news Melisa.......can't tell you about the leakage...i never leaked around any of my various tubes..maybe someone else had the problem..hope they will chime in.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #18753 by Melisa
Replied by Melisa on topic Welcoming any advice
Hello friends.

I wanted to update you all on dad. I will start with the best news (for the most part)...

22 NODES REMOVED - ZERO POSITIVE! :cheer:

I do not have the report in front of me to type verbatim what it said....but I can report everything came back clear except the bladder and the prostate (the top of the prostate).

Ureters - clear
22 of 22 Nodes - clear

His bc grade on the report is pT4 (I guess since it was found in the prostate).

The doctor said there is no need for radiation or chemo just close monitoring. He still has the foley cath, ureter caths and the super pubic cath is capped. For now the drainage bags are strapped to his legs. The ureter caths - I believe, come out next week. He's keeping a sense of humor about the bags and is in an overall - good mood! AND HE SHOULD BE!

Having some drainage issues from around the caths (told this was normal)and has to change clothes 3 or more times a day. Any advice on minimizing the leakage is welcomed! Neither he nor my stepmom can pinpoint the timing of the leakage (ie. causes, certain times of day, etc).

Guess that is all for now. Still trying to get up with Zachary - hope to do so tomorrow. Thanks again you all for the prayers. I will keep in touch.

M

Friendship isn't a big thing; it's a million little things.

15 years 8 months ago #18684 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Welcoming any advice
Melissa, Bet he is glad to be home, Zack is always a good one to talk to, we spoke to him when we first got diagnosed, as you were we were devastated, he made us feel better, and then Pat really took me thru it with all the other members, Joe as well...and Rah as he had the bag, so as you go on you connect with those who give you little tips,,,its a long recovery, but it all ends up okay!!!!!!Ginger

15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #18679 by Melisa
Replied by Melisa on topic Welcoming any advice
Pat,
Gas was actually on day 3-1/2 (Surgery Wed, gas Sunday 2AM) I will update more later this evening - he's home as of yesterday early afternoon :) - I am headed over to visit him. Oh- and Zachary sent me his # so I am going to call him tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for referring me to him!

Friendship isn't a big thing; it's a million little things.

15 years 8 months ago #18593 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Welcoming any advice
That is wonderful, so on to recovery,,,Ginger

15 years 8 months ago #18583 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Welcoming any advice
Just moving this up to a more current location. I hear Dad is doing fabulously and gas on day 2...unheard of!!....Continued success...
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne