Results next week

15 years 10 months ago #16633 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Results next week
Julie,

Good wishes and strength coming your way for the days ahead...Take care of yourself too...

(((Hugs))),
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #16626 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Results next week
Ginger, LOL we have a Wii also. We bought it for our anniversary present. He now is taking naps most days. The weather has been pleasant 80's and 90's but no 100's yet.
Dick has his surgical procedure first thing Monday morning so that means we have to get up at 5 to get him to the hospital by 6:30 as they want them there 2 hours ahead. He is so not a morning person. I hope it goes smoothly as he has to have his blood work done at the Cancer Center also so he is prepared to see the oncologist Tuesday.
The closer the appointment gets the more anxious I get. Doesn't change the outcome one bit.
I hope you can get your trip to Arizona soon. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 10 months ago #16624 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Results next week
Dear Julie,

Good luck with your hubbies appointments Monday and Tuesday for the CT Scan results...

Wishing you both the best of news....

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

15 years 10 months ago #16618 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Results next week
Julie,

Nintendo, good going, maybe he could get a WE , thats very entertaining as well,,sorry you have been mostly in the doctors office as of late OR THE HOSPITAL, TAKE CARE AND KEEP COOL IN tUCSON, WE HOPE TO STILL COME SOON,,,our summer doesn't hit til June, maybe,,,right now its just a cool spring atmosphere...70's 40's at night.. Ginger

15 years 10 months ago #16499 by Julie
Results next week was created by Julie
This week Dick had a CT scan to check for mets. We get the results next Tuesday. He also said Monday and Tuesday that he was passing blood clots for the past few days and the one on Tuesday had some fresh blood. He is due to have the stent in his right ureter changed Monday so I phoned the urologist to find out if they wanted to see him or if waiting until the procedure Monday would be appropriate.

This morning they phoned to say they wanted to see him this morning. So we hustled off to the urologist office. He left a specimen and they measured to see if had any residual urine in his bladder. He didn't have any residual they could measure which is good. The Dr. said the clots are probably from the stent irritating the bladder/kidney as it has a curly tail at each end or it could be the CIS. The urologist will get a good look Monday while Dick is under anesthesia.

It's has been a full week as every day we have left the house early for Dr. appointments. Then when the appointments are over we have lunch and do errands. Monday, Tuesday and today we didn't get home until after 5. There is nothing schedule for the rest of the week. I hope it stays that way. We need to do some work around the house. Make that I have to do some work around the house. Dick does what he can but he fatigues so easily that he can't do much. He is keeping his brain active by playing games on his Nintendo DS. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne