I'm so sorry

15 years 11 months ago #15318 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic I'm so sorry
Hi Julieann, I was twenty when my Mom died, and I think what a blessing you not only have known your Mom as a child but also as an adult. I never got that. I would have liked to known her as my friend also as I am sure you know your Mom as your friend. I think letting go is never easy no matter what the age. My prayers are with you and your Mom and I will tell you this , life does go on maybe not the way we want but it can still be good. I have told my kids stories of their Grannyannie for years and now I tell them to my Grandkids. It is amazing how evan though she has been gone for 35 years now she is still a big part of my family. My Mom passed away on my sons first birthday , he was her last grandchild.I always talked to him about her , now here is the strange part, when he was five I found him standing in the kitchen in the dark at one in the morning . When I asked him what he was doing he told me , talking to Grannyannie and then he pointed to a spot and said shes right there. I cannot explain it but I am grateful that her life lives on in our memories and she will always be in our lives. Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #15220 by Clara
Replied by Clara on topic I'm so sorry
Bob and I went to the Cancer Center yesterday for his radiation treatment and also for another CT scan on a rib area that is really hurting him now. Every time we go, I just think about ALL the people that are there for treatments and how it has affected their lives.
They were having "Feel Good Friday" and it is wonderful to see the caring people that come out to lend a hand, trying to help everyone have a chance to do something good for themselves. I had my nails done by a young lady that is a sophomore in high school and was on spring break. She came with her Mom that comes every month to do nails.
This site is certainly a support for me and my heart goes out to everyone here.

Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

15 years 11 months ago #15188 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic I'm so sorry
Juianne,
Whinning allowed!!! Its no picnic watching this happen to your loved one,she seems to be stronger than all of us as we here none of it from her. No matter how you loose a parent it is devastating, and to see it happen can't be easy on any of you..make the best of everyday, and keep her close to you. Ginger

15 years 11 months ago #15184 by julieann
Replied by julieann on topic I'm so sorry
I really don't know what I would do without my friends here. I got my phone call and silly song. It was wonderful and sad. I have been with Mama all morning (until other company came by). We did talk and she is amazing. She told me that she isn't worried and that she wasn't just saying that. She said she feels closer to God than she has in a long time. Also, that she thinks of the apostle Paul who prayed three times to have the thorn removed from his side and God told him that it was there for a reason.....to make him trust in HIM. SHe said that has never thought "why me" because she feels like "why not me." She said she is anxious to get more scans just to see. I told her that she is amazing and that unlike her, I am very worried and afraid because I can't imagine life without her. It was a good talk. My heart breaks to think of the bad times to come, but I have to put that aside for now and enjoy the good times. God bless you all.

15 years 11 months ago #15176 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic I'm so sorry
Happy Birthday Julieann.....

Leigh,

Thank you so much for your thoughts and birthday wishes...You seem to be a man that anyone would be proud to call friend. You are very insightful, and caring...thank you...I hope that we have a good day today...last night was a rough one...alot of pain...He did say that he wanted eggs benedict, we may end up having it for dinner but if he wants it he gets it...

Warmly,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 11 months ago #15167 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic I'm so sorry
Dear Julie,

Ok I will admit it I have been crying my heart out the last few days with all these wonderful posts our forum buddies are posting.

It is amazing how words can touch the heart strings especially when they have been sealed for a long time.

My heart goes out to you and your mum and I wish you a wonderful birthday and I would also tape the birthday song....great idea Karen!!

Karen, happy birthday to your hubbie also and I know you will make it a very special day.....

Birthday wishes to both of you...

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne