Where I am at now

15 years 11 months ago #15319 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Where I am at now
Hi Holly, You ask if anyone has any nutritional news. I have a friend who was always trying to get me to take some stuff called Vibe. After I got the bladder c. she begged me to try it so I did.I was tumor free for three, three month checkups , then I quit drinking the Vibe . My next checkup showed a tumor growing, had a turb done and am back to drinking the Vibe again. I don't sell the stuff, don't like the taste of it , but I chugg it down. Time will tell at my next cysto. If you want to check it out just type in Vibe and google it. I don't know if this will get me in trouble on the forum or not , (someone thinking I am trying to sell something) but hey it never hurts to check something out right ? Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #15117 by marie
Replied by marie on topic Where I am at now
Dear Holly,
I don't post too much, but read a lot on the forum. You have been in my thoughts and prayers everyday, since I "met" you a few late last year. I can tell you are strong, but this is a difficult journey. Much love to you,
Marie
Rc Jan18/08

15 years 11 months ago #15110 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Where I am at now
Hi Leigh,

Thank you for the warm thoughts, I do appreciate them. I sure hope you get thru all this chemo stuff feeling better.

Yes, it is hard to understand the logic used by some drs. I wondr if they could handle a mets dx and then just wait and see also. I think they would be quick to seek a treatment plan asap.

Let me know when you go for rescanning - I would be glad to pray during it for you. I know how difficult it can be.
God Bless, Love, Holly

15 years 11 months ago #15106 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Where I am at now
Dear Holly,

I so want to be able to give you the answers you seek and desire to make sense of your current journey.

You would think that oncology departments and professionals would have far more information and explanations and support for the patient. It seems so often that important information is missing on the patient side with regards to the in between times of any treatment plan.

Mostly it is a watch and wait game when dealing with mets which seems to make no sense to me at all. You would think to tackle something small now aggresively would be the ideal rather than wait months and retake scans for confirmation of something the patient knew and felt was an issue long before.

Any pain or discomfort in our bodies is a sign that something is wrong and getting to the bottom of these issues promptly surely is the best course of action.

My MX classification as I mentioned to you on a PM will be confirmed in a few weeks as the areas that show concern in my body on previous scans will be scanned again and reassessed. Deep down I know something is not quite right because of pain and discomfort I have had but obviously hope that it is just between my ears and my mind playing games.

I wish I had more answers for all of us but I do not although I know that we are so much stronger here together sharing our thoughts and concerns.

Together we are as one....

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

15 years 11 months ago #15049 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Where I am at now
Holly,
My thoughts are with you, certainly you have alot going on, loosing ones dad and having these other issues have to be overwhelming,,take care, Ginger

15 years 11 months ago #15048 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Where I am at now
Dear Holly, you are in my thoughts and prayers, I am so sorry that you are facing these difficulties and challenges and I just wanted to let you know that I wish you well. I hope you mange to get the help from your medical team soon, your diet change sounds encouraging.
take care Maria xx

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne