Happy Easter!

16 years 3 weeks ago #14759 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Happy Easter!
Hi Julieann, the party sounds wonderful especially with the DVD of pictures. I know it is difficult to "live in the moment" we keep getting reminders that things could fall apart any minute. I realized yesterday I have to make sure Dick doesn't try and do to much in one day as he tires easily and is more fragile than he looks. Cherish the goods days.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 weeks ago #14724 by mssmr
Replied by mssmr on topic Happy Easter!
Hi, Julieann -- I honestly believe I know some of what you are feeling.
I'm feeling well despite ugly scan pictures and dreading when the good days
may end. Every little cough worries me, etc.

To change the subject, it is wonderful that you are having the anniversary party
Saturday -- Bless you all; Happy Easter -- Susan (mssmr)

16 years 4 weeks ago #14705 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Happy Easter!
Hey Julianne,
Good to hear from you, Happy Easter. So glad the party is taking place Saturday. Take lots of pictures and share one with us. I hope its all you wanted it to be and more. Bless you and your family!!! Ginger

16 years 4 weeks ago #14703 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Happy Easter!
Julieann,

Happy Easter to you and your family. I am so glad that your mother is doing well. These moments that you share together are such a blessing...enjoy them to the fullest! What a wonderful idea with the slide show! I am sure there will not be a dry eye in the house! Tears are good. Don't hide them...They show how much you care and love her. Remember that "We know not the day or the hour", so make every minute special!

Every day together is a good day!
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 4 weeks ago #14702 by julieann
Happy Easter! was created by julieann
Hello everyone. Just had to get my "posting fix" :D It's just nice to be able to write down what's going on.....even when there's not much to tell. Mama is doing amazingly well. She goes everywhere. She spends time around the farm just looking and pondering. She assures me that she feels good. THe anniversary party is Saturday and we are looking forward to it. We have put together a DVD slideshow with pictures from over the years. It is wonderful. We are going to play it at the party. It made me cry of course, but it is nice. There will be lots of family and friends and that is so important for her right now. I am trying to remember to just live in the moment, but sometimes that feeling of "when are these good days going to go to **** in a handbasket" creeps back in. It seems that it is very possible (considering all I've read) that it can go from good to very bad very rapidly. Anyway, everyday that I see her out and about, I count my blessings. Hope everyone is well. Happy Easter!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne