update

16 years 2 weeks ago #14423 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic update
Julianne,

Yes its true, the woman of our era did alot of cleaning, its what we did,,when my husband was in recovery, and still is, I found myself doing the same. Then I spoke to the kids about all the stuff you need to do if anything would happen to us. We redid our wills, hadn't done that in 15 years. Then I actually started putting labels under each peace of furniture as to who should have stuff. THATS QUITE ODD!!!! But reality hit me and I went bonkers!!! I am happy she seems okay with herself, she is a strong woman, and right know she feels well, take care Julianne, and take care of mama.....your in my thoughts, Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 weeks ago #14411 by julieann
update was created by julieann
I am glad to report that there isn't much to report. :) Mama is still trucking along as ususal. We are working on planning their 40th anniversary party (which we thought she might not like, but she seems very excited). I know it will be a wonderful day. I am on spring break for two weeks and have a zillion things to do, but I am going to make a lot of time to spend with her. I think we are going to take a lot of her old photos and put them in a scrapbook. That way she can help me with names etc. She likes that kind of stuff. You know how women who are about to give birth start nesting (cleaning etc), well that is sort of what Mama is doing. She spends a lot of time cleaning out her closets etc. Everytime I see her she has something new to give me. Yesterday, it was some of my baby clothes and some flip flops she thought I might like. I guess this is normal behavior....in the least, it isn't absurd. It keeps her busy I guess. She goes back to the onc in a few weeks and I'm wondering if she will opt for more scans. I haven't asked her. I have mixed feelings about knowing versus not. It is up to her of course. I hope everyone is well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne