significant pain after UTI

16 years 6 months ago #8863 by gholmes1936
Replied by gholmes1936 on topic significant pain after UTI
Adding my two cents worth. He needs to keep himself well hydrated. I have a 24 ounce glass and fill it three times a day and make certain that I drink each one. I also take one 500 mg Cranberry Capsule or Pill every day. I had 6 UTI's in a 4 month period but once I started this regimen I haven't had another. Of course this worked for my system, may not works for his, especially if their is something else in his system that needs attention. He needs to be seen again soon.
George in Texas :(

George Holmes
Austin, Tx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #8778 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic significant pain after UTI
Does he have any other issues....nausea, inability to completely empty his neo-bladder, no appetite? Have they looked at his kidneys, ureters? Could be hydronephrosis or a blocked ureter. Pat

16 years 6 months ago #8776 by jcdestiny
significant pain after UTI was created by jcdestiny
My father had his bladder and prostate removed and had a neobladder constructed last spring ('06) to remove his bladder cancer. He's 73 and has had a very slow recovery. He recently started experiencing pretty severe pain and was diagnosed as being dehydrated and having a urinary tract infection. He was given some pain medicine and anti-biotics. He has subsequently been examined and scoped and everything seems to look fine with the neobladder but he is still experiencing a great deal of pain. It's been about 3 weeks since the UTI was diagnosed and treated. Can any suggest what might be causing his pain or what might be a treatment.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne