Pre Cysto apprehension

17 years 2 days ago #5098 by wood108
Replied by wood108 on topic Pre Cysto apprehension
Don,

I finished up my BCG in September. During treatment and for a couple of months after, I was getting up everynight, one or two times, to relieve myself. during the day I was going often, but mostly because I am a big water dirnker and go through 7 or 8 bottles a day. My ability to hold more urine slowly increased over time and now everything is back to normal. My biggest issue was with my stamina. I had been swimming 3 times a week for excersise, and found that my stamina level was way down. Even now, I occasionally find my self short of breath after exerting myself (more then I should be) but this too is going away.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 days ago #5055 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic Pre Cysto apprehension
I was wondering I am now 6 months post BCG and 4 months post TURB with a clean quertly scope But I still can only go about 2 to 3 hours and hold about 7 to 8 onces of urine . How are you doing on this part of your recovery. Thanks from Don

Hanging in there!

17 years 4 days ago #5053 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Pre Cysto apprehension
Yay John [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Congratulations on the clear cysto and overcoming anxiety to get there.  Hopefully, it will get easier with time.  I think that some anxiety is common with every one who has had a BC diagnosis.

You go guy!
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 4 days ago #5051 by wood108
I had my scope done yesterday with no signs of any more tumors. Yea....

Actually, this time the apprehension wasn't as bad as my last scope. But that one was the first after my BCG and I think that had something to do with it. I still had some worry and doubt in my mind, but nothing out of the ordinary. Now I get to take a a sigh of relief and forget about it FORl 3 months.....

John

17 years 5 days ago #5029 by Larry_Joe
Replied by Larry_Joe on topic Pre Cysto apprehension
Wood: Could not agree more with your issues, I had the same. But follow the great advice from Wendy/Tim & "try" not to let it take control of your mind. Some "happy" therapy will do wonders. I sympathize with the pre-cysto apprehensions & doubt that will ever change, but do treat yourself to some happy thoughts. Please post your follow-up/outcomes for us? We REALLY care. Best Regards, Larry_Joe

Hot Springs, Arkansas

17 years 1 week ago #4878 by wood108
Thanks to all for the replies. Rereading my original post, I think my descriptions of my fears and apprehensions came across a little more intense then they really are. I think everyone has both positive and negative thoughts in there heads. It's just that the negative ones seem to get a little stonger as my next appointment gets closer. It's knowing that my date with my Urologist is coming up and there's always the possibility that we have to address something. Even though that possibilibty is small, it is there, and this unknown is the problem.

I agree with Tims statement about the BCG. I didn't realise how much it affected me until I was off of it for a while. I look back on last summer and think of all the things that I had planned to do and never got around to due to my general malaise. My yard really showed that as the flower beds were not very well attended last year and I had a few too many leaves spend the winter still on the lawn.

Wendy - I appreciate all your efforts with this web site. It has been informative and educated me about this disease. While I enjoy reading other peoples stories, I think I will stay off the internet leading up to my examines. Rather then reading the Superficial fourm or Men's Issue forum, I end up reading all the forums which probably doesn't help.

Thanks for listening.

John

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne