Worried about my symptoms. please help

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #61372 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Worried about my symptoms. please help
Hibbies,

Welcome. More times than not this is not bladder cancer. It could be many things from an exotic infection, to the stones causing problems further down, sometimes a cause is never found. I have already conjectured more than I should as I have learned take one step/day at a time. Concerns are ok, worry? Why? Until you have the full story.

The cystoscope is the gold standard. If it shows nothing your Doc will likely "watch and wait" a month or 2 and repeat this or other tests f symptoms persist. If he sees something he will schedule a TURB (transurethral resection of the bladder) which is fancy words for doing a biopsy. IF that is done you still will not know much until the pathology is reported.

You will get to the bottom of this. Post away as you have other questions.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #61370 by hibbies
Ill try to give as much info as i can

Symptoms:  Urinary issues that come and go.  frequent urination,  straining,  weak stream and the a few days later im ok.  This has happened a few times

Tests.  Multiple blood tests with microscopic blood detected.

Psa test: 1.0

cturogram:  5 mm stone in left kidney.non obtrusive,  not my foirst stone.  had a bunch.  never had these urinary issues.

mri:  small circumference wall thickening of bladder.  normal size prostate. recommended to check psa

Urone cytology:  no cancer cells

have not been scoped yet.

Really worried what all this could mean.  This week i have had a slight ache in my penis and groin.  

no visible blood or clumps.

some reassuring words would be really helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne