Symptoms of Bladder Cancer

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #61002 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Symptoms of Bladder Cancer
Welcome Corey,

While this is unlikely bladder cancer, anytime one passes blood, even a trace it does need to be investigated. Often times it is nothing. As urgent care usually doesn't keep a urologist on the clock, that is where I would start, with a urologist. He may do more non invasive tests or a round of antibiotics or check for a more "exotic" UTI. Maybe a cystoscope. We are not doctors so anything I would state could easily be off base but, do get further check out.

Ask away and let us know where this leads, if anywhere as we all learn from each other.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #61000 by Corey
Symptoms of Bladder Cancer was created by Corey
Hello,

I hope that you all are doing well! 

I am a 33 year old male. I have been having an increase urination lately (the past 4-5 days). Typically 1 or 2 times per 2 hours. I also went to the Urgent Care because I had some pain in the penis region, along with the increased urination. They took a urine sample and they found a "trace" amount of blood in the urine. Overall my penis also just feels sore. 

Should I be concerned about bladder cancer here? They thought maybe it was an UTI, however that appears to have come back negative. 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne