unable to tolerate BCG treatments

2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #60953 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic unable to tolerate BCG treatments
Dave,

Welcome to our world although none of us wish you have the need to be here!

While none of us are doctors, and not knowing all the details of your bladder cancer, there are many that have used different chemo agents in place of BCG. I am just not up to all of them as I only had to do BCG. Perhaps others will chime in with what they have used and why.

Assuming you are comfortable with how up to speed your medical team is on new agents, there have to be some options. At the same time, I encourage a second opinion at a leading-edge center or teaching hospital like MD Anderson in Houston, Cleveland Clinic, Northwestern in Chicago, Sloan Kettering etc could have ideas especially with so many other areas of your urinary tract involved.

Keep asking questions and someone may have other information.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sonnyboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #60952 by Sonnyboy
unable to tolerate BCG treatments was created by Sonnyboy
Hello,
I have had high grade non-invasive bladder tumors and bladder surface cancer. which was successfully treated with TURB, BCG, BCG/interferon treatments. I then developed in situ cancer on my urethra/prostrate which was successfully removed via TURP. All biopsy and cytology studies show no cancer, but I am unable to tolerate the BCG/interferon treatments due to issues regarding frequency and urgency. I have tried pretty much every medication in the book for frequency  prior to my diagnosis of bladder cancer, none of which did much good. I don't want the cancer to come back but can not tolerate the BCG/interferon treatments anymore. Any suggestions on treatments to prevent the cancer from coming back? 
Thanks
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne