Swollen Urethra, burning and now severe itching on penis a week after annual cys

3 years 2 months ago #60532 by Alan
I concur with Sara Anne. After 9 days! That is simply too long for the care that you are paying for. Next subject, to second guess to help your mind.....I too had a few very mild symptoms that you described. While they didn't last but 1-2 days it really sounds like an allergic reaction or an infection.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LBFKA1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #60531 by sara.anne
I hope that you have INSISTED that you speak with the doctor or his nurse. The urologist is the one to speak to these issues and you shouldn't have to wait long for a return call if you left a message that he was having problems.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: LBFKA1

3 years 2 months ago #60530 by LBFKA1
My husband has had many many cystoscopy checks since his BC several years ago. Last week he had his annual cystocopy check and the procedure was normal but within 2 hours of return home his urethra and tip of pens swelled up like a big bubble. There was the usual pain and burn with urination but this went on and got worse for more than  couple days. Its now been 9 days and while the burning in the urethra and pain with urination is gone, he has severe itching on the outside skin of the penis that is keeping him up all night and is intense. Overnight involuntary erections make it all worse. Trying to see the doc but wondering if anyone has ever experienced this.  Could it be an allergy to betadine or lidocaine? A UTI, though there is no urgency to go or pain in the bladder itself. 
At our wits end. Any help appreciated! 

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne