× Click on New Topic to start your post

BCG Maintenance Pain Relief - Any Suggestions?

4 months 4 weeks ago #57856 by TuckerCFP
Thanks Alan!

I have seen several folks that have reduced the dosage and that sounds like a pretty good option for me to discuss with my Uro. I wanted to complete the full course of maintenance which is 9 more(3 every 6 mos.) because the prognosis was 86% of no recurrence with the full maintenance course but after this round we will see.

Again, thanks for the reply!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #57854 by Alan
Welcome TuckerCFP,

I just wanted acknowledge that your post is seen. I have not had the extra pain and discomfort you are experiencing. I think I'd call my URO and get something stronger.

It also appears that you are getting really sensitized to BCG. many have taken the dosage down by 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 even 1/10 and gotten desired results. Plus, nothing says you have to continue. You may very well have beaten this into submission.

Perhaps someone else will have an idea on what to help. Of course contiue drinking water to flush the area. If you find relief please post as we all learn from each other.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

4 months 4 weeks ago #57848 by TuckerCFP
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. Not a long time listener but first time caller! :)

I just completed my 15th BCG maintenance treatment on Monday morning of this week. Today is Thursday evening. Up until this treatment, I am usually back to about 90-95% by the 48 hr mark, other than frequency. Not this time. The pain is hanging longer than normal with no indication of subsiding. Walking can be quite uncomfortable. Sitting not so bad.

I'm just curious as to what any of you may have done or taken for pain relief. Ibuprofen takes a little of the edge off but I am not interested in taking Advil around the clock.

Thanks for any insight you may have!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 1 User and 1602 Guests 
SIXFTSEVEN's AvatarSIXFTSEVEN

Legend: Site Administrator Global Moderator User Banned

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: JamesF
Yesterday Total Opened: 0 Yesterday Total Answered: 2