Ouch, my urethra !

5 years 1 day ago #57175 by Warrior1968
Replied by Warrior1968 on topic Ouch, my urethra !
Thanks for the replies. My cystoscopy to remove tumor was two weeks ago. I knew the stent would cause discomfort. It aches mostly. But every time i Pee its like peeing razor blades. So i feel better knowing it will only get better. Stent comes out in two weeks. Thanks very much!

Fight Fight Fight
#Kickcancersbutt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 day ago #57173 by JDRVNJ
Replied by JDRVNJ on topic Ouch, my urethra !
Warrior,

There was definitely some irritation due to the Cystoscope and the removal of the nearly foot long stent.
I experienced increased burning and sensitivity for about a day and a half. I had some tingling/burning the entire time I had the stent, but now that it is gone for a month I no longer have it and feel normal.

I hope the same happens for you....

DX 12/2018 NMIBC T0a both High AND Low grade
TURBT 1/2/19 and 1/29/19
MMC begins 2/22/19
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warrior1968

5 years 1 day ago #57172 by Warrior1968
Jd,
Once the stent was removed, did you expirience burning or discomfort in the urethra for very long?

Fight Fight Fight
#Kickcancersbutt

5 years 1 day ago #57171 by JDRVNJ
Replied by JDRVNJ on topic Ouch, my urethra !
Warrior,

I too had a stent in my ureter for 5 weeks, and I have to say that was the most uncomfortable part of this whole experience. I had a constant feeling of urgency, discomfort and some tingling/burning the entire time. I can't tell you what a relief it was when my Dr. finally pulled that sucker out! It was near instant relief, and within a day or so felt nearly normal again. Sorry you are going thru this-- tough to describe how bad it can be to those who aren't experiencing it.....

DX 12/2018 NMIBC T0a both High AND Low grade
TURBT 1/2/19 and 1/29/19
MMC begins 2/22/19

5 years 1 day ago #57170 by Warrior1968
I'm covinced this burning is due to trauma within the urethra. I did foget to mention I have a stent in a ureter as well. Had a urine test yesterday, will find out today if theres a UTI.
After seeing the size of the tube they fit in thereI I'm not surprised there could be tauma.
Unfortunately, the de-sensetized Docs and Nurses know it to be cpmmon place. No one really told me what to expect. Just a simple, "You may have burning sensation".

Fight Fight Fight
#Kickcancersbutt

5 years 4 days ago #57137 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Ouch, my urethra !
I want to say that is the drug I have seen being used. I am one of the lucky ones and haven't had the really pain/soreness. Keep drinking water as that also helps.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warrior1968

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne