Ouch, my urethra !

4 years 10 months ago #57660 by oldradiotech
Replied by oldradiotech on topic Ouch, my urethra !
I had the same problem with my 2nd BCG. Shooting pains from Prostate area out to the end of my penis. Ask them to be more gentle getting instruments by your prostate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #57524 by Warrior1968
Replied by Warrior1968 on topic Ouch, my urethra !
Ouch, now its my prostate!
Its been 3.5 weeks si ce my last TURB.
Im expiriencing strange sensations in my prostate. Every once in a while during the day I get a mild pain emanating from that region.
Anyone else experience this?
I also seem to heal slower than most. Peeing is finally better. Only hurts if im dehydrated.
And my urethra is still stretched out pretty good. Pee doesnt come out as concentrated as it used to.
Any thoughts?
WARRIOR!

Fight Fight Fight
#Kickcancersbutt

4 years 11 months ago #57320 by Warrior1968
Just had my 2nd Turbt. Yee owee!
Peeing razor blades once again!
Just knowing it'll pass is soothing enough.
It is amazing what a urethra can withstand.
Very thankful for this forum and all the compassionate replies.
If anyone new reads this, have no fear!
It'll get better!

Fight Fight Fight
#Kickcancersbutt

4 years 11 months ago #57214 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Ouch, my urethra !
Warrior

Don't take a lack of freely offered support or compassion as rejection. The word CANCER has a chilling effect on the people around us. Others do not understand what people with cancer are going through - they just don't know how to respond or what they can say. They don't know if you are going through a rough stretch, or if your demise is imminent.

No one wants to hear the nitty-gritty of a TURBT procedure, or bloody urine or catheters.

They just want you to get well - they want you to be the you were before the focus of your world became bladders, ureters, urethras and catheters.

Try to give those around you more time to become comfortable with the changes. Your world has taken a detour and so has theirs. Once old friends and acquaintances see that you are dealing with your medical issues and remaining involved in life, they will feel more comfortable and safe in being more supportive.

They are not dismissing or ignoring you. They are afraid of saying the wrong thing, and they don't have a clue.

Here in the forum, we understand. We are a group that are on the same road, some of us new here, and others who are further along on the journey.

Hang in there. We all adjust.

Best
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

4 years 11 months ago #57213 by Warrior1968
Three weeks after TURB and peeing still stings, but is finally bearable. One more week to wait for 2nd byopsy and stent removal. My urethra is finally healing and not looking forward to having another TURB.
But I'm thankful for the support offered here in this forum. Pretty much the only place I get it. My family doesn't even offer much in the way of support. I've told a total of 7 people and about three offer support.
But, I'm trying to remain positive and it helps very much to come to this forum.
Thanks Again!
Warrior!

Fight Fight Fight
#Kickcancersbutt

5 years 20 hours ago #57176 by JDRVNJ
Replied by JDRVNJ on topic Ouch, my urethra !
It gets better-- hang in there.... You will feel way better once that darn stent is out.

Good luck and feel free to hit me anytime with questions.

DX 12/2018 NMIBC T0a both High AND Low grade
TURBT 1/2/19 and 1/29/19
MMC begins 2/22/19
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warrior1968

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne