Plot Thickens

5 years 1 month ago #56882 by Mike M
Replied by Mike M on topic Plot Thickens
Update: Got path results today...HG TA in right renal pelvis, rt ureter, and CIS again in bladder...so adios to right kidney and ureter in next 6 wks. Question is...is it now time to bid adieu to the bladder and prostate as well? Given the shortage of BCG, the writing may just be on the wall. Meet with my Uro this week to discuss the way ahead! Wish me luck!

12/15 - Diagnosed Ta HG, 1.5cm Pap, Focal CIS
3/16 - Began BCG following NCCN and SWOG guidelines
2/19 - Ta HG recurrence and CIS/Ta HG in right kidney/ureter
2/19 - Nephroureterectomy to remove right kidney/ureter
9/19 - BCGx33 completed
2/20 - Invasive HG urothelial pT2 in prostate stroma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #56799 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Plot Thickens
Mike, sorry to see this. Reminds us all about being vigilant with our scopes.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 1 month ago #56798 by Mike M
Plot Thickens was created by Mike M
Hi Friends,
Haven’t posted in awhile, so thought I update everyone on my status. Was DX w/TA and CIS back in Dec 2015. Had been NED for over two years which I understood was an important milestone. Have been enduring the BCG SWOG protocol without too much difficulty and was to begin maintenance cycle 6 (out of 7) next week. Went in for my cysto on Wed, and my Uro noted a new bladder tumor. Sent me straight away for a CT-Urogram and found focal tumors in my right kidney and ureter. Went in yesterday for my 4th TURBT and had biopsies in the bladder, prostate, right kidney and ureter. Uro says there’s a strong chance I’ll lose the kidney and ureter...OUCH! Must wait for the pathology results later next week. Will also know then my bladder’s fate. Guess I’ve been dancing around the fire too long thinking I’d perhaps beat the beast! Wish me luck as my cancer journey takes a probable detour!
Best regards and God Bless,
- Mike

12/15 - Diagnosed Ta HG, 1.5cm Pap, Focal CIS
3/16 - Began BCG following NCCN and SWOG guidelines
2/19 - Ta HG recurrence and CIS/Ta HG in right kidney/ureter
2/19 - Nephroureterectomy to remove right kidney/ureter
9/19 - BCGx33 completed
2/20 - Invasive HG urothelial pT2 in prostate stroma

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne