Blood in urine that I can't see

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #56563 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Blood in urine that I can't see
Yes, if the meds are ruled out causing hematuria then the next steps need to ID'd for the origin. Blood in the urine has many causes that do not include cancer including infection (another reason to see about antibiotics as you don't want an infection linger plus some don't show up until cultered), stones among many other things as possibilities.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #56562 by totesfloats
Replied by totesfloats on topic Blood in urine that I can't see
Hi Alan,

thanks for the reply. My doctor didn't mention if she thought the meds were causing it, I assume she doesn't think so, and that's why she didn't mention it I guess. I will ask her about it. I just don't quite understands why she wants to wait another monnth for another urine test to THEN decide what to do next.

5 years 2 months ago #56559 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Blood in urine that I can't see
Totesfloats,

Welcome. 1st question to ask you Doc is what are they suspecting when the meds you are taking apparently cause hematuria? It sounds like that might be the source. After that, if the meds can be ruled out then normally you might be given antibiotics to check for an infection, although that should already be done I would think. After those two steps there are tests to check other causes. For peace of mind I would be pressing your Doc on those two issues. Let's not get ahead of everything.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 2 months ago #56557 by totesfloats
Blood in urine that I can't see was created by totesfloats
Hi kind people, I was hoping somebody could give me some advice. This is what is going on...

I'm a 43 year old male and I recently have been put on medications that require my blood and urine to be tested. The first time my urine was tested some blood was found but could only be seen under a microscope.

2 weeks later they had my urine tested again. Blood was found in my urine again and the number slightly jumped up.

My doctor wants me to wait another month to have ANOTHER urine test to see what the next course of action is.

My lower pelvic area has been sore off and on, and I KNOW I have been needing to urinate more than usual. I'm not sure why she wants me to wait another month for another lab test. Is this normal?

I can deal with whatever is going on, but I would like to get to the bottom of this now.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Totesfloats.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne