POS FISH TEST, NEG CYTOLOGY/IMAGING? (TCC KIDNEY)

7 years 8 months ago #51455 by pplexed
I am confused and scared, as I feel that I have been blown of by several doctors for the past seven months. I have a solitary left kidney; my right kidney has congenital atrophy. In early December of 2015 I was switched to Hydrochlorothiazide, from Lisinopril as my wife was attempting to become pregnant. Unfortunately, in mid January I noticed a severe pain my left kidney, the pain was on and off, until late March where it now persists on a constant basis. I have had two ultrasounds which show mild pelvictatis (hydronephrosis), and two compliment MRI's that do not show any abnormality. I recently had a FISH test on 6/28/16, which came back positive as 4/25 cells showed polysomy for chromosomes 3, 7, 17, and 9 (and was indicative of bladder cancer). However, concurrent urine cytology was negative, along with a bladder cystoscope. I am only 38 years old, I do not present with hematuria, nor do I smoke. Due to my biology background, I think I have TCC of the kidney, or renal pelvis due to the hydro, positive fish, and seven months of pain. At this point both urologists are telling me that I am crazy, and that there is no way I could have cancer at 38, and that it is something else. My current symptoms are constant kidney pain in my back, and abdomen, in addition to a constant burning feeling in my urethra. What are the forums thoughts? Should a CT with contrast be ordered, I feel that I may have an aggressive form of cancer, and with only one kidney my prognosis is bleak (remove the kidney, and go on dialysis).

Sincerely,

Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne