Why not BCG before bladder removal

7 years 7 months ago #51714 by paulb
Replied by paulb on topic Why not BCG before bladder removal
Hi,

My bladder was completely clean after being treated this was outside the bladder and had no connection to it.

Paul
The topic has been locked.
7 years 7 months ago #51711 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Why not BCG before bladder removal
Paul
I am so sorry to hear of this development. I was hoping that you were just making contact to tell us how well you were doing with the BCG treatments.

CRAP ON A CRAP CRACKER !!!!!!

Thank you for your call to action about being your own advocate for your care. In your case it would have been better to have had a more aggressive Bladder Removal. So many times here, we see people who will sacrifice their life for their bladder. It appears that you would have had a bladder removal if the Dr had suggested it as the better way to go.

I do hope that the treatments work and that you can be a survivor. You certainly deserve it.
I am wishing you the best. And it appears that you are in good hands now that you are at Sloan.

Thinking of you
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulb
7 years 7 months ago #51701 by paulb
Hi Everyone,

Its been a while since I last wrote in to the forum. I have developed a new primary ,so far single metastasis outside of my bladder . This was confirmed on May 28th . I urge anyone here to be relentless with your doctors if you notice any symptoms whatsoever , I sure tried. I am now in chemo with 16 more treatments due, I have taken the first two very well. I am listed as inoperable and incurable at the moment I am handling everything well. I have had a consult in NYC at Memorial Sloan Kettering . I will be continuing this regimen as set forth by my oncologist and the consulting oncologist in relation to my case. I still feel strong and able to meet this fight head on .

Paul
8 years 2 months ago #50323 by paulb
Hi All,

Today was my 6th BCG treatment. I am for the first time having the side effects. It smarts and there is bloody looking urine. I am trying to eat to keep my strength up. I will follow the rules for post treatment and notify my doctor in the AM. Thought I might check in.

Paul
8 years 3 months ago #49997 by LauraJose
Replied by LauraJose on topic Why not BCG before bladder removal
So glad to hear you are doing well. Wishing a very good outcome for you with this treatment!
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulb
8 years 3 months ago #49995 by paulb
Hi everyone,

I had the first of six BCG treatments today . It was a quick process to introduce .I am following the instructions for post treatment .It has been almost six hours now and with little discomfort. I am hopeful that this works as it has for others here.

Paul
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne