Would Like Some Suggestions Please

10 years 2 months ago #45809 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Would Like Some Suggestions Please
IF the radiologist is good at reading and AFTER a cystoscope shows no tumor it does sound like the diagnosis of a stone is probably correct. I am not a doctor and I would be worried but, at some point we have to "trust" the experts. Be thankful it is "just" a stone!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #45807 by arobb
Would Like Some Suggestions Please was created by arobb
Story: 56 year old male with smoking history:
In May of 2012 I saw blood in my urine while going to the bathroom, I went to my primary doctor and the doctor told me I did in fact have some blood in my urine 1+ according to the urine analysis. At that time he suggested I go to a urologist. In June 2012 I underwent a bladder cystoscopy and the urologist told me all was clear and he found nothing. I figured I was in the clear and all was well. All seemed well until Sept. 2013 when I went to the bathroom and saw rust-colored urine so I went back to the doctor and this is what followed:

October 16th 2013 Urinalysis done: Blood 1+ No malignant Cells
October 28th 2013 Urine Cytology done: Blood 1+ Negative for Malignant Cells
November 15th 2013 CT Scan checking the Kidneys with Contrast done: 6mm Kidney stone lodged in right kidney no real symptoms at that time. ( I dont know if the bladder got checked on this CT Scan )

Went to urologist again and he said we will do another bladder cystoscopy scheduled for March 4th 2014. Also did another urine cytology test today, will have results in a few days.

Symptoms now: Frequent urge to urinate, ( about a month now ) with slight cramps in abdomen off and on. I am pretty concerned about the possibility of BC.

Questions:
1.) Since I had these urine tests just recently and they specified no malignant cells is this a fairly good indicator?
2.) If I had a bladder cystoscopy in June of 2012 that was clear according to the urologist that did it what is the possibility of BC growing that fast.

I will have the urine cytology results in a few days and of course will do the bladder cystoscopy on March 4th.....any other suggestions of what I can do..March 4th is a long way off and just waiting is frustrating.

Thank you very much....Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne