A recent development

12 years 5 months ago #39481 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic A recent development
Hey Mike that's a pretty weird coincidence. I have a call into Doc Wilson. Her assistant called back and left a message saying it might be an infection.

I will go and give a sample on Monday and see what shows up.
Had a number of clots yesterday later in the day. Nothing today.

In July I thought I was having some unusual feeling so I got tested. They said I had some trace blood and some bacteria also which I cannot remember the name of. The doc said it was probably from riding my bicycle. I ride around 100-140 miles a week. So I got a different seat. Had no trouble until a week ago.

A month ago I was riding up at horsetooth on a climb (you know how steep it is there) my foot slipped off the pedal while I was out of the saddle and I slammed down pretty hard on groin and inner thigh. It hurt like hell and my inner thigh was black and blue for a long time. Then about a week later the same thing happened again. (I got new pedals since then) Perhaps that has something to do with it all?

Anyway yesterday I put myself on antibiotics (ciprofloxacn)which I had from July incident but they told me not to take. We'll see what happens.

Warm Regards,
Rudy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #39478 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic A recent development
Rudy,

It could be infection.

I just had my first infection a week ago. Undefinable pain (just different than experienced before). Mine was kind of like the fullness feeling with neo along with a burning feeling in the same area as the fullness feeling. No burning at urination or anything but internal kind of burning.

I emailed my uro and he said get seen or come see him. I went to urgent care because my GP doc wasn't there last Friday. They put me on Bactrim DS.

I had blood in urine too.

I felt like I had to urinate more often during this time.

Hope it is just an infection. It can also cause the incontinence issue.

The urgent care doc called me back yesterday with the culture results said some strange sounding bacteria that I can't remember. My GP is getting the records to email to me so I know and so I can also send them to my uro.

You should probably call Dr. Wilson if you haven't already.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 5 months ago #39472 by rudyskier
A recent development was created by rudyskier
I know it's been a while since I've posted. But I am curious if anyone has developed this recent change. Had Neo-bladder op almost 2 years out now (NOV) recently have blood in the urine. Some undefinable discomfort in abdomen. Got a call into my Surgeon and will go for Urine tests I am sure.

Coincidentally, I am schedule for my yearly CT scan and physical but not until Nov.

I have also been one of the lucky ones to have had nighttime continency up till a couple of weeks ago... these changes have me a little worried to say the least.

Other than this recent development I feel wonderful.

Anyone having experienced something like this, your input would be much appreciated.

Rudy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne