leaking day and night but happy!

17 years 2 months ago #3647 by timb
Replied by timb on topic leaking day and night but happy!
I'm getting on for 5 months out from my cystectomy. During the day, jeff, I can lift (carefully) and do all the yard work I need to do now without so much as a leak. I occasionally get what is called stress incontinence or a little dribble. Rarely now. It usually happens if my neo is stretched to capacity. For the first few months I followed the regimen set down for me at the hospital for stretching the neobladder with regards to urination; week1 every 45 mins, week2 every hour.....   rising by these quarter hour increments each week until I got to around 3 and a quarter hours. Now I don't clock watch nearly as much but just go every 2 -4 hours depending what I've been drinking. I also can't emphasise the kegals too much. I really notice a huge difference when I'm being a good boy about doing them. Have posted that sheet here about Kegals for Men. Not sure of the differences but they seem to be working for me. You are doing really well and I know you're not long out of surgery. Just keep on doing whatever you are doing and the little issues will even out.

PS your nightly voiding pattern sounds pretty similar to mine. it also sounds like your neo is at the early stages of stretch? Did your docs speak to you about this stretching business?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #3601 by Jeff_Gill
leaking day and night but happy! was created by Jeff_Gill
Hi,
I want to thank TimB and Wendy for starting this male section.
I'm 4 weeks after RC had a neobladder. The bag was removed last
Tuesday so I'm one week bag free. I'm quite pleased so far. During the night I leak and for some reason wake up like 2-4 hrs after going to sleep to void then again about 4 hrs later I have no real feeling about going but when I do go it's a full stream.
So somehow I'm controlling this at night.

During the day I leak just before needing to void seem as soon as I get up from a chair it's time for me to void no matter if I'm drinking water or not. If I drink 32 oz of water I will need to go every 10-15 mins. for a hour or more. The only way for me to go into public is for me not to drink any water unless I'm next to a restroom. I'm sure not complaining as I'm thankful for the results so far. Would like to know if anyone had the dribbling and the need to go and was able to control it? I'm thinking when the time comes that I can lift something more than 5 pounds or chop wood I will leak has anyone been able to do something like this without leaking?
Thanks
Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne