Bruises from injections for ED

14 years 8 months ago #26670 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Bruises from injections for ED
Hello Mike,

Glad to hear that you have taken the step to use injections and I wish you all the very best.

Gr.Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #26604 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Bruises from injections for ED
I just got my training on the shot on Tuesday and they said either directly on the side at a 90 degree angle (from top center) or anywhere from that point upwards to a 45 degree angle but never in the top or in the bottom.

They did not say to apply pressure to the injection site but I was told to draw back slightly on the syringe to be sure it was not drawing blood back prior to pushing the syringe to deliver the medication.

My test worked fine and they said it would be ok to use it again on Wednesday but to typically wait a day or two in between uses. Did the shot yesterday but I think I may have gone to low into the base as it didn't work as expected. Am going to wait till next week and give it another try. It worked just fine when they injected me at the office.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

15 years 7 months ago #20268 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Bruises from injections for ED
Leigh,

The nurse instructed me to inject in the side center of the penis, switching sides often, not close to the top. This may be your problem.
Glad to help anytime. Gene

15 years 7 months ago #20262 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Bruises from injections for ED
Dear Pat,

I value your advise and research and feel free to jump in anytime...

The link was very helpful and has made me aware that my technique is not up to scratch.

Recently I have been injecting in the top nerve area instead of at the side at the 90d angle. I believe this may be increasing the bruising.

Dear Gene,

I use the same needle and may be hitting a blood vessel but think I need to inject more at the side rather than the top area. I will let up on the pressure and see if that also helps.

Thanks to both of you for your help and support...

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #20261 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Bruises from injections for ED
Leigh,

From one guy to another, I was told that after I inject I must keep pressure on the injection site for at least one minute , not more than 2 minutes, I use a needle which is the smallest available, size is 5/16 inch, 31 gauge, I wonder if you are hitting a blood vessel, and I am sure your changing sites often. I would try to hold up on the pressure, see what happens, then see the Doctor if it continues...hope this helps Leigh,, Gene Beane

15 years 7 months ago #20260 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Bruises from injections for ED
Hope you don't mind my sneaking in here Leigh...but from what i've read bruising isn't uncommon but if you're concerned i would speak with your doctor. I'm not sure what system you're using..?? Here's an article i found
www.hmutx.com/instructions/intrapeninject.asp
Pat::S

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne