What don't you like about your bag, neo, or pouch???

16 years 5 months ago #9830 by Patricia
So sorry i missed that countryside pee fest...its a wonder you didn't have a 5 car pile up!!...anyway as for writing your name in the snow...you will find at some point that you can actually control some of those abdominal muscles and they will put force on the pouch to push it out...at least i can with the navel stoma...
Glad i have a short name! Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #9828 by Melodie
OK...had to get in on this one. Restrooms...in my area, usually the grocery stores have the dirtiest ones...YUCK ! And why should that be? ??? I like going to Walmarts for that reason, there are two restrooms and I always take the Handicap stall so I have plenty of room and since I pick the restroom in the back part of the store, it is less used and I don't have to fret that I might be creating a problem for someone who needs wheelchair access. I just admit, however, that one day I was in a stall and a very elderly lady came in and put out such a pee with gusto...well, I was jealous. And I agree, the gas stations usually are in decent condition.

As for the spaces where someone can see in...well, first off it is rude if they are staring but hey let em have a look if they want to get educated...I guess after standing outside a major hospital in Seattle a couple of months back with no hair, no make up, no bra, no underpants, only a thin jumper and T-shirt on, wearing flip flops and my bag of urine next to me....well, after that, I frankly have no sense of embarrasement left. I would even show off my lovely stoma, "RoseBud" if anyone wanted to see. Just for fun one day, I stopped on the way home from shopping, along side a country road and whip open both car doors on the road side and stood there emptying just for the experience of it. Cathng in the great outdoors is good as long as the insects leave me alone. For some reason, maybe it is the weight loss of 17 lbs. but it is now very difficult for me to empty sitting down so I stand...I just wish I could pee with more force...would be more fun and that way we gals could write our names in the snow come winter time. :) Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

16 years 5 months ago #9810 by Gene Beane
Okay I am writing this all down,,,Starbucks, nice gas stations, they don't have Bladder bags in the dispenser do they??? WHY NOT!!!We are going gambling two hours away, Detroits speed limit is 75, we will get there fast not having to stop.Gotta plan plan plan!!!!!Ginger

16 years 5 months ago #9808 by Patricia
aha...the tricks of the trade are coming out!! About bathrooms i have found that the cleanest ones around are in Starbucks...and lord knows they're everywhere..at least around here...and they're huge. (I also have Georges mentality)...Love the water bottle trick but never have had that happen to me but good to know!!! Pat

16 years 5 months ago #9805 by Alanna
One thing that I have done is that I am becoming like George on Seinfeld where I know every single washroom in my city. George used to be able to name them all, that is a funny Seinfeld episode. I have found for myself that the key is to try and find the private washrooms and many times I use the wheelchair washroom because they are usually single private washrooms, if you have an accident or leakage etc then sometimes you can find a wheelchair washroom and be by yourself, every gas station usually has a private washroom and they are not as bad as you think they are! I have been quite amazed at times. But I find if I know ahead of time and can get the layout then that helps to allay my stress of what I would do in an accident, leak. My nephew has an illeostomy and he brings lots of medical tape and then he can tape things on and get home quick. In the beginning I used to carry a water bottle and if I sprung a leak then I would also spill water on myself, amazing cover up and not a soul ever thinks anything because they all think you don't pee out of your stomach area.

16 years 5 months ago #9804 by marigold
Standing is especially convenient when one is traveling and the bathroom is none too clean. I found it to be a godsend last summer when I visited Greece and Turkey.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne