A month since my Dad's surgery. Thanks you all!

16 years 5 months ago #9461 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic A month since my Dad's surgery. Thanks you all!
Anna, Glad to be of help, I know Gene was glad to contribute his knowledge about the bag to you over the phone, I hope the bag works good for him. Its been pretty simple, just getting use to having it on your side like your new buddy. I know its hard with their english being rough but we communicated enough to help you out.
Thanks anna for letting us know...
Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #9459 by anna_fl
It has been a month since my Dad’s surgery… The recovery process is going well.
First of all I wanted to say that I am extremely grateful to the founders of this website, the administrator (Wendy) and to all of you, wonderful members for a great support that you provide during this very difficult time that my family is going thru. My Dad had RC with Ileal conduit on September 27 at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, FL. The surgery was performed by Dr. Manoharan, an Associate Professor Urology Oncology and Reconstruction. Before the surgery I e-mailed and spoke on the phone with 3 great people from this website who gave me a lot of information, advice and confidence that we made the right choice by deciding to go with the outside bag. I would like to thank Roni Olsen for giving me a lot of support and information the day before the surgery…. Ginger and Gene Beane, you are amazing and I can’t thank you enough. I am glad that Gene is doing well…You are in my thoughts and prayers all the time! The pathology report showed stage T3b and doctors recommend chemo. We are going to see the oncologist in a couple of weeks …Again, thank you all for your support. It was and still is a very difficult time for us, but it’s much easier if you know that you are not alone and always can find help through this great virtual community. My Dad and my Mother don’t speak fluent English, but they know about the blcWebCafe and I constantly update them with the info. All The best! -anna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne