weight loss, leg pain, 12 days home

16 years 6 months ago #8558 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic weight loss, leg pain, 12 days home
Ginger how have you been dear. I lost about 20 lbs and I am eating good plus I love my sweets since I quit drinking about 4 yrs ago so now my wife is jealous because you can really notice the difference even I can see so I'm really at the weight I should of been lol. I had some pain in my left leg but it came and went I think it was the way I was sleeping on it I would get so tired and fall asleep in any position. Maybe in time things will work themselves out. Joe ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #8554 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic weight loss, leg pain, 12 days home
Martha and clur, Thanks for te advice, I think maybe we wre trying to see to much too fast, still the weight loss is hard to accept, as he is eating normally now and has been since home. The leg is an issue, as I found out yesterday his mobility is not there in some movements. Mostly moving the leg in and out. "RECOVERY" this may be the hardest part we have faced yet!

16 years 6 months ago #8549 by Martha
Replied by Martha on topic weight loss, leg pain, 12 days home
Ginger,
I had the same problem with pain/numbness in my left groin area after my surgery Oct. 2006. I used an ice bag at night which really helped. As of now, it is almost gone. Last month I did a LOT of walking and that's what seemed to relieve the pain and swelling which is much less, nearly gone now. My doctor seemed to think it could have been a damaged tendon. All I can say is give it time and try not to be concerned. I was told that complete healing will take about a year and am finding that to be true. Back to my original weight and feeling great.
Martha

16 years 6 months ago #8547 by clur
Replied by clur on topic weight loss, leg pain, 12 days home
Hi Ginger
The leg pain thing is really normal most people seem to have some sort of numbness pain strange sensations.Its hard during the surgery not to disturb nerves at all.The weight loss thing also seems pretty common I am still struggling to even just maintain weight over a year later.I didnt have a lot to loose in the first place but now struggle to stay over 71/2 stone not a great look.My doctors seem mystified but just say its a commom problem maybe due to using some of the bowel for bladder replacement effects absorption.Healing and general recovery takes energy too so try not to worry too much and just make sure Genes meals are high in protein etc to aid healing.
Take care of you both I am sure things will keep getting better
Love Claire x

16 years 6 months ago #8508 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic weight loss, leg pain, 12 days home
Wish I could give you a magic answer Ginger...Don't let up until you get the answers you seek...Did you ask about the nutritional suppliments? He can still use them even if he is eating full meals.... Did you find out about the patches I told you about?

Thinking of you,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 6 months ago #8506 by bjmac
Replied by bjmac on topic weight loss, leg pain, 12 days home
Hi

I experienced numbness in the top of my right leg. When I asked the surgeon what could the cause be he said that he had probably caused it - he couldn't guarantee that it would get better but it did after about 10 months. I didn't have the pain with it though.

BJ

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne