weeping stitches?

16 years 7 months ago #7942 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic weeping stitches?
Oh, pooo! There go our Sunday plans, Patricia.

I'll let you know what the doc says on Tuesday.

Stephany in Iowa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #7933 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic weeping stitches?
hmmmm.bulging area where stiches are...sounds like some lymphatic fluid build-up searching to escape. At any rate the saline and gauze a good idea until you can talk to the doctor and no jumping out of airplanes or heavy lifting.........Pat

16 years 7 months ago #7932 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic weeping stitches?
You should of called his Dr right away about the oozing and if you are nearby where he had the surgery done his Dr would of sent him to the ER just to have a look and be on the safe side. When it is ozzing even though things are fine that is when you run the chance of infection and with any post op you don't want that. But Tuesday you say he's going back to the surgeon so he will check it out then. Take Care, Joe ;)

16 years 7 months ago #7930 by Stephany
No temp, no blood, no smell, no pus. All good things, right?

It's just an almost clear serum from a couple of small bulging places along the incision itself, not the staple holes. It's not coming through a hole, just oozing from the skin itself. I think he's worried he's going to split open, but it's not a lot, and there's no indication of infection.

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 7 months ago #7929 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic weeping stitches?
Stephany what is it oozing?...blood or clear liquid? Is it through the staple holes or is there an open wound? Any temperature? Pat

16 years 7 months ago #7927 by Stephany
Thank you...that was exactly what I needed to know, so I can tell him. We'll start "packing" today.

Stephany in Iowa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne