Loss of Appetite

16 years 7 months ago #7865 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Loss of Appetite
Matt just call her PD and get the referall and take her to get the
MRI thats what I would do none of this waiting around because there
is no need to. Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #7862 by mdwfolsom1
Replied by mdwfolsom1 on topic Loss of Appetite
They did were more x-rays of her abdomen and blood tests. All the test came back normal except for a slightly high white count which they put her on antibiotics for. This is the second time in the last week they have done all these tests and nothing appears to be wrong. They also gave her fluids just to be sure she is hydrated.

We were hoping that they might do the MRI then, but since everything came back ok they wanted to wait.

Thanks,
Matt

16 years 7 months ago #7860 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Loss of Appetite
I'm wondering why they didn't do the MRI while she was in the ER? I know you had said previously that she was not draining all that well at night....did they explore hydronephrosis? That certainly makes you nautious with lack of appetite. I just don't understand why they dismissed her....what did they do? Pat

16 years 7 months ago #7856 by mdwfolsom1
Loss of Appetite was created by mdwfolsom1
First of all let me say thanks for all the help you all have given during this difficult time with my 80 year old mother in law.
Six weeks ago she had her bladder removed and about 2 weeks ago she started taking a turn for the worse. We thought her appetite was bad before, but now she is eating VERY little. She has gone from 122 pounds to 98. We spent yesterday in the emergency room because she has gotten so weak. Since they really can't find any reason for the nausea and loss of appetite they are going to do an MRI next week to see if the cancer has come back. (When they took her bladder out they found cancer in the first two lymph nodes, but no where else.) Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Thanks,
Matt

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne